Wheels For My Wee Lil Saxo

flower

well basicly iv got £650-£700 to spend on 4 wheels and tyers for my car. Now it dosnt have to be all spent but im not fused. Its my first car so i really know wats out there. I really like the look of OZ but wolfrace have it also. Im looking for either a ti finish or black. Preferbly spoked not a solid face. If anyone has any nice wheels in mind oh my cars black by the way please inform moi.

(Y)

Save the money..trust...weve all been there...gone and bought alloys...then you think....what a waste of money lol.

I love my car...it does look really nice....but if i had 600/700 pound to spend..i could spend it it on something alot more practical.

good call, any ideas, i need to buy summing so badly

What's wrong with your current tyres/wheels?

I'm sure there are areas of your car that would benefit from that kind of money being spend. Perhaps look at uprating the dampers on the suspension or some better brake pads/discs.

Personally I'd look around at the 2nd hand market. No offence, but if you've got a saxo and you're looking to put alloys on it, then it's not the sort of car you're likely to stick with for very long. You'll be wanting something quicker in no time at all...

Jon

I suggest (and im sure joe would agree :P ) stick it in the bank for if/when an accident occurs :P:)

The insurance policy I have with my saxo (in my mums name with me + old brother) means I need voluntary excess of £700 :huh::ermm: soo...its always worth saving ;)

hate to say it, but with £700 to play with, id just go out and buy a polo GT, you may even find one with decent alloys on for £700 :P

or sell the saxo and buy something all together better!

the problem with sticking big posh wheels on shopping carts, is that you can still see the tiny brakes through the wheels, and that really does look stupid. ive seen a 1.1 106 with 17's on and the rear drums and front discs looked SO small through the thin spoked rims, it was just rediculous!

on a slightly more helpful note, dont waste too much cash! you can get some REALLY sweet wheel and tyre packages for under £500 if you shop around, and dont want some mega silly big rims.....

also search the 2nd hand market, you could refurb a set of alloys yourself, and shod them with part worn tyres for about £120ish.......

solution is buy some nice an cheap 15" alloys am sure you can find some if you search the net hard enough or round your local area even halfords.

cause alloys wheels arnt a waste your car looks a hell of alot better. or even sort yourself out with a nice system inside the car music is important (Y) there nothing wrong with spending money on your car.

hate to say it, but with £700 to play with, id just go out and buy a polo GT,

:o did you say what I think you said VW! for the win

and it would beat a VTR and maybe even a VTS if you tuned the GT nicely

Edited by pinky

1. iv just brought the car some i'm not gunna sell it.

2. i like it

3. the reason i need new wheels is that the car is a hazard. It has not traction what so ever thats why i want new wheels, its mainly the width i need as mine are like a rizzla thickness = HAZARD. (and before you ask the tiers are fine)

4. Granted it is french but f**k it at least its not german!!!

5. I think i will ignore most comments as they were about as useful as a latex glove full of spunk.

just go on ebay and find some.

like this set

simon

I think Raped comes to mind.

4. Granted it is french but f**k it at least its not german!!!

I would like see your saxo surviving 17 years down the line, actually I would like to see any french car survive that long and still be in good nick. Thats shitty german engineering for you :turned:

I would only buy alloys for your saxo if you like getting laughed at

I drive a 106... f**king mistake!

It the rattliest bag of shite I have ever been in, if it wasn't for some fanny punching a hole in my door to steal the head unit, it would be sold by now.

If you were referrign to my wheel choise as as useful as a rubber glove full of spunk... you need a lesson in that... £369 halfords specials do not look good.

The only way is OEM!

Big wheels (i.e. R16 and above) on Fiestas, Corsas, Saxos, etc, look rubbish as they almost stick out of the arches and make the car look like a roller skate. Aside from looking retarded, the car's acceleration will be hindered, and you will have to declare them on the insurance, which may very well increase the premium.

I don't get all this "first car" modification. You never get your money back. In the back of Max Power you'll find 100s of standard 1.3 Saxos with big wheels, bodykit and K&N, and a £6k asking price, even though the modifications to the car do nothing but illustrate the point it's been ragged.

Getting back to the point, I'd bank the money for now. You might find you'll need if for something more functional and important later on, like a new clutch or bumper. Plus, with bigger wheels comes the additional cost of bigger rubber.

If you want your car to handle better, uprate the suspension like quick_spider said. And he'd know, he races in rallys...

How about a nice stereo first?

Obviously that wouldnt come to the £700 you've got to spend. But it would mean you've got some left to save / fix your car after an accident (quite likely as a first car).

Personally thats what i'd probably do, in my opinion, a corsa is a nice first car from getting from A to B, but it doesnt NEED alloys. You'll listen to the stereo more than look at the alloys anyway.

Just my idea :rolleyes:

Big wheels (i.e. R16 and above) on Fiestas, Corsas, Saxos, etc, look rubbish as they almost stick out of the arches and make the car look like a roller skate. Aside from looking retarded, the car's acceleration will be hindered, and you will have to declare them on the insurance, which may very well increase the premium.

I don't get all this "first car" modification. You never get your money back. In the back of Max Power you'll find 100s of standard 1.3 Saxos with big wheels, bodykit and K&N, and a £6k asking price, even though the modifications to the car do nothing but illustrate the point it's been ragged.

Getting back to the point, I'd bank the money for now. You might find you'll need if for something more functional and important later on, like a new clutch or bumper. Plus, with bigger wheels comes the additional cost of bigger rubber.

If you want your car to handle better, uprate the suspension like quick_spider said. And he'd know, he races in rallys...

i agree with this guy talks sense

3. the reason i need new wheels is that the car is a hazard. It has not traction what so ever thats why i want new wheels, its mainly the width i need as mine are like a rizzla thickness = HAZARD. (and before you ask the tiers are fine)

No offence, but thats a rubbish reason. Its only a hazard if you drive it past its limits/your ability. I'm sure there are good enough drivers around who could get from A to B in that car, with the current wheels, in the same time, and more safely than you could with different wheels on it.

But anyway, bank the money if I were you and save it for when you need it (like for car repairs/maintenance).