Teenage Angst Communal Agony Aunt Thread

Has anyone seen my shoe?

Well she didn't say anything that bad, "im pretty surprised as you've never really given any signals at all before. We could go somewhere and see how it goes, no pressure, that ok? xx"

Thats pretty weirddd reply :/

You gotta do this in some sort of romantic way though. If you're just going to watch a film or grab a bite then it's no different to being just normal friends.

My gf told me this after we was together (I was friend zoned for 4 months, but that's another story), that she was sure about the normal friend side of things but what she wasn't sure was the bf/gf side of things, the physical side of things if you get me shifty.gif

But anyway, romantic but not overkill like start singing her love songs. I'm sure you know what you're doing though dan. I look forward to the outcome!

• Like 1

Stop thinking you retard.

She's accepted and has suggested you two go out some time, keeping things chilled to start out with - it'll all be good.

Sounds to me just like she's got her head screwed on right as opposed to not being interested...

You're all right, im quitting now and watchin the walking dead. I'm only like this because i'm f**k awful with women (can you tell?). Well i'm not really, but I don't really have solid experience with "dating" due to many reasons.

Edited by dann2707

If all else fails result to the SkozeSombreroâ„¢ *

*note method highly unlikely to work in any other circumstance than the intial technique in which it was executed by Skoze.

Bought that bitch a 4 foot wide sombrero. Bitches love 4 foot wide sombreros.

• Like 1

You're all right, im quitting now and watchin the walking dead. I'm only like this because i'm f**k awful with women (can you tell?). Well i'm not really, but I don't really have solid experience with "dating" due to many reasons.

I'd say suggest somewhere that is blindingly obviously a date if you're worried she won't notice it is one. Go to a restaurant instead of cinema or pub. Being in a restaurant all dressy and nice makes it obvious and makes you both feel kinda "special". It's a change from the norm, which might make the memory of you change/stand out a lot more.

I'd say suggest somewhere that is blindingly obviously a date if you're worried she won't notice it is one. Go to a restaurant instead of cinema or pub. Being in a restaurant all dressy and nice makes it obvious and makes you both feel kinda "special". It's a change from the norm, which might make the memory of you change/stand out a lot more.

Fuuuuuck that. Obviously this is age dependant but as a rule an attractive girl will get a f**kload of invites to fancy dinners etc. There's nothing stand out'ish with that at all. What you want to do is something chilled out and comfortable or something incredibly fun/exciting. Preferably both. GO to a theme park, or the zoo. Look in the back of the local paper to see if theres any cool things on in nearby town like a fair or a circus. Even a motherf**king flower show if you have to. You want to win her over with your personaility, not showing off with a fancy meal that adds in a load of expectations and pressure. I mean lets face it, shes given you the biggest clue by telling you she wants to go out somewhere without any pressure. Thats her saying she wants to try you out in boyfriend mode, not all worked up and agitated first date mode.

I'd be inclined to say a walk through the park (flowers are blooming this time of year and its free so double win) then stop off somewhere for a drink or a quick bite to eat.

Go to a theme park, or the zoo.

She's given you the biggest clue by telling you she wants to go out somewhere without any pressure. Thats her saying she wants to try you out in boyfriend mode, not all worked up and agitated first date mode.

I'd be inclined to say a walk through the park (flowers are blooming this time of year and its free so double win) then stop off somewhere for a drink or a quick bite to eat.

Edited down a bit, but Krisboats (and this girl, whoever she is) is speaking sense - don't over think things, you want to be able to be yourself, have fun and see how you get on, not pile on the pressure in a clichéd first date situation. When I lived in Kent, 20 minutes from Howlett's Zoo, that was a standard, and successful, date venue for me. It gives you something to do, but allows you to talk freely, not talk for a bit if you need to without it being an awkward silence, and even gives you something (like that baboon eating its own shit or sniffing another baboon's balls) to talk about if conversation's drying out, and takes loads of pressure off. You can even get something to eat or drink and sit and have a chat if you feel the need. Easy.

Think of somtheing cool and fun to do that gives you plenty of options, rather than locking yourself into doing one thing that's going to make you feel nervous and intense. And no crying!

Absolutely yeah, was going to reply and say Krisboats reply sounds pretty good but yours does too Benjamin. We do barely know each other in person (met 3 times in total, 2 of which were drunken) so yeah it only makes sense.

Shame there's no zoo's around here though haha.

Holy shit theres temple newsam farm about 3 miles from where we live. She loves pigs.

Winner.

See, all full of win. When i looked and i mean properly went to a tourist information place near me theres f**king loads of stuff. I never knew my town had a museum, which is actually quite cool to go around because theres always something to talk about right in front of you. I just dont get why people try and do the cinema or going out for a meal thing, if you take her somewhere new, you're winning on the originality front already. Quad biking, zoo, museum, discovery centres, local nature reserve, sea life centre, paintballing, arts and crafts place, local art/photography/anything exhibition (usually have free snacks too!). Unfortunately most guys go straight for the meal or cinema thing and even worse, they insist on paying. All that conveys to a girl is 'i'm not secure with myslef and now i'm trying to buy your affection with gifts. Stick around long enough and i'll keep trying to kiss your arse like this'.

As an example, i met my girlfriend in a club, went home and played xbox with her and watched a movie before we fell asleep. Met up with her later in the week and just chilled out for the evening again. It was six weeks in before we went to the cinema together and i think the same night was our first food out too. A kfc of all things. :D

That sounds pretty much how i'd like it to play out if i'm honest. When I think back, asking my gf to the cinema on a first date was a shocking idea haha. I picked her up (was the first time i'd even MET her), we talked loads in the car. Saw the film then took her home haha. How bleak! I was pretty damn nervous too. I miss her. dang, she was hot and came onto me - that never happens haha.

Think i'll organise it with her tonight, I do like this whole no pressure thing though. Good call girl.