24seven Holroyd

boon racoon

Each to his own opinion - I'm not a fan either to be completely honest, but you've gotta bear in mind that this is Danny's signiture frame, not yours, so it's been his decision what to include/leave out.

At the end of the day it's done, but maybe 24seven will take heed of peoples views in order to make a more marketable frame sometime in the future

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I was looing forward to this.. And what dd they have to do to wreck it? Have mod hub spacing!!!! BAHHHHHH!!

Oh well, guess I won't be buying one then IF I decide to ride stock.

I got a profile, but I wouldnt run it on a stock (because of the extra leverage), especially with the release of the new hope hub.

EDIT: Having checked out the spec, I guess it's not all bad. Infact the spec is quite impressive IMO, and great geo, vaguely similar to an ashton infact! (375mm chainstays instead of 380 though, and 1060 wb instead of 1055 or whatever the ashton is)

I wonder what their "cassette hub" is though, and if its any good... :S

Edited by SQuiT-man

you said it dood. :( List all the bikes mod + stock with the triangular shaped gusset there:

zoo pitbull

zoo python

black mumbas

zona zip

onza zoot

24seven holroyd

:( And I cant see the point in the bmx width dropout :S I don't understand what benefits come from it?

Im gonna stand up and say i like that, The gearings abit daft, but then again that specs just a f**k up anyway

Stem - sealed aheadset type

Tyres - fsa 73mm sealed

Bars - 24Seven lockdown grips

hmmm.... Anyway 12 tooth driver, on a profile, With a set of 16 tooth middleburns, i recon Id snap one up there and then. The geometry sounds quite nice, 1060, 71, +20, Sound like it would make a nice cockpit length.

Anyway, at either of the prices quoted in this topic the spec is mint i recon.

Tom

I *love* the look of that bike. I'd hit it :P It just looks really nice, it just has something over regular Pitbulls/Coust-Pitbull copies.

I don't get why you wouldn't want to run a Profile hub on a stock either? The mod ones are pretty bulletproof, so it should be fine? Maybe they wanted the BMX spacing just to increase the range of dedicated singlespeed cassette hubs (all the BMX ones?) instead of 'compromising' with MTB hubs? Meh, Danny's choice I guess. Good call with the horizontal dropouts too. The actual dropout bit where it meets the seat and chain stays is pretty mad :S Looks really spindly?

I like it :)

I probably wouldn't have it myself, but there's a lot of nice ideas there. Like horizontal drops on a stock(ish) frame, fairly long at 1060, BMX spacing etc. The dropout thing isn't going to be THAT much of an issue for many people - anyone switching from 26" will need new wheels anyway, and anyone buying the complete bike will get the right hub anyway.

Aside from the fact that it looks like a pitbull (etc), there's a lot of originality in there. But does this mean that Holroyd is gonna get back into riding proper trials, now he's got a longer bike? :o