Prototype

RR_Trials

I think it looks pretty damn lush. The chainstay, fair enough, tis different but that, in my opinion makes it better. It's different to the rest of the frames on the market and I'll perhaps get one when they come onto the market.

It looks as though it'll be a hit or miss for frames. Its all apart of moving trials frames forward. If this chainstay with internal tensioners is sucessful, you'll be seeing it on a lot of new frames.

Can't wait to see some prices...what do you recon? 200? 250?

I'd say maybe a bit more like £300/£350 because the limey frame is like £395 so this will be more like at the top of onza's 20 inch bikes so maybe a bit more more expensive than opther 20 inch frames.

In fairness, Ben won the UCI 20" title on it, so it's obviously not a shit frame? If the dropped stays were some terrible idea that didn't work at all, I'm fairly sure they'd have cut their loses and just boshed some 'normal' stays on, yeah?

Ben is an amazing rider. To be fair i don't think it would of mattered if he had a T-lite , T-mag etc. he would of still won the titles he did.

I'm not impressed by the idea. But i think its great for trials companys to play around with concepts.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I just meant that if it was that terrible, I'm guessing he would have chosen another frame to do some fairly major comps on? Either way, never mind ;)

Anyways, some art-fag shots of it in some snow:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

If you see me on any rides, just ask for a ride on it 'cos that's kinda the point :P

Its "different" to say the least. I remember seeing the proto on the onza site a while back and hating it. However seeing it in the snow and in black makes it look a little more appealing. But still kind of looks a bit overkill. But hey, new is always good.

However seeing it in the snow and in black makes it look a little more appealing.

Haha, so that's why Tartybikes do their product shots in the snow :P It all looks pretty tight in the flesh. The chain-tensioners, CNC blocks 'n' stuff are all pretty cool. Doesn't look like I thought it would?

I'd kinda like it if it wasnt for that onza hog on the bottom bracket yoke.

It's traditional for onza to make a perfectly good frame and then ruin the look of it by putting nasty stickers/paintjobs/logos on it (t-rex !!) . I think they've got some sort of deal going with nitromorse ..

Ok i was on the Onza website and was looking at there protoype bike.

Has any body else seen it? http://onza.com/site_files_flash/bikes_apr...ototype_mod.htm. The bike is a mod and i think that it would be nice if anybody who has seen it out ridden by an Once team member or just seen it on the website could chat about it with me i have taken a long look at it and when it comes out i would very much like to buy it.

What are your views on?:

• Its look
  • Its size
  • The way that you do not have to take the chain apart to take the chain off
  • Its weird looking chain stay
I think that the bike is really nice looking and i think it looks really sleek. If you like it how much would you be willing to pay for the frame or even the complete bike as shown in one of the pics.

Dose anybody know when it will be coming out or even is there an Onza team member on here that has had a little ride. I'm really interested in this frame/bike. What is our opinion

Thanks Rorz

Your post is confusing the hell out of me to be honest!

If you want to buy it, then it's YOUR decision.... What others think about its look, size etc etc doesn't really have anything to do with your decision :S

People have diferent veiws... So they can't really help unless they have anythign to mention about it's construction and possible (or known) weak points....which you haven't asked for?

P.S - I know it's probably not, but your post just seems to be some sort of sly Onza Market Research....As if theyre having second thoughts or something and they're attemtped to cover it up by adding some random bitties in :S *The thing that prompted this thought was the whole "how much would you be prepared to pay* etc etc bit...... I know this is highly highly doubtful, but I have a mind like that....

Very bewildered Rob...

I've seen it before and still haven't grown on the drop in the chainstays....Just a random and slightly pointless design feature that has been thrown in for "the shizzle"? Or does it improve the strength and performance of the frame in anyway?

I think it looks emense, i love everything about it and also feel it would ride the way it looks in my eyes.

The price will be the killer for me at what i think will be around the limey price range, and the fact nobody knows the date due to arrive in the shops :o

Jeza

Finally got it built up. Had a bit of trouble with the headset removal, but it turned out an old metal socket set worked as both a headset-cup-remover, AND as a b*****d file to get rid off the churned up slivers of metal from the screwdriver attempt. Good stuff.

IPB Image

Paparazi headset remover pic...

Then the bike:

IPB Image

IPB Image

It looks dark here mainly 'cos of the glare from the snow. It looks super good in the flesh though. Rides pretty handily too, although I've only been able to just hop around in my garden on the back wheel :P

It's weird at first 'cos it's different to the Zip which is what I'm used to, but it feels really stable and nice. The BB - from what I can tell - is lower, which probably helps that. Think there's only 5mm or so difference, so it's not Vinco vs. Coust style BB height :P

It weirded me out seeing the chain above the chainstay too. Really, really weirded me out :P The chain tensioners work super well though, which is cool!

Also, I "did a TF" when I was cutting the bashguard rubber. Hospital ahoy :(

If anyone wants a close-up of anything, just ask...

Oh, and Rob - Rory really isn't anything to do with Onza :P

Ok wow! stunned at your bike Mark how lucky are you, and how did you get it its still in its prototype stages isn't it :S. And no i'm nothing to do with Onza i wish i was though amazing company :( . Mark - How much was that amazing peace of kit (The bike :P)?

It's still in a proto stage. This is proto #2 out of 3 made so far, I think it's the one Ben won the UCI World or Euros on at Lugino or wherever it was. Either way, it's not the finished one, it's just to try and get a wider view of how it rides and what people think of the frame 'n' stuff.

Probably be on a few rides so people can have a bash at it.

Trials bikes already look pretty ridiculous to the untrained eye, but that is just a joke! it looks terrible.

I cant understand your hype about not having to split the chain using a chain tool either, splite links solved that problem a while back.

Edited by Pugson

They still don't get away from the problem that you might hit the cranks on the magura slaves, which some people do?

Maybe have shorter cranks, push the cylinders in further, what frames have this problem?

Felt pretty balanced, really. Well, like most mods with a bashguard, which tend to be slightly rear-heavy, but nothing major or unusual or anything (Y)

Alright, cool. Are you doing something with Onza? some sort of small sponsor or something? you used to prototype some forks for them didnt you? and the Tensile freewheel?

Just quite interested in this frame.

Looks mint 'neways..

Mat