Powerpad Backings For 20p Each!

ding_dong

I dont know if this is old news but from www.rimjam.com empty powerpad packings are available for 20p each, also you can pay buy paypal and it says that it will consider doing lots of them for businesses!!(i think)

well I hope I have helped some people and I hope its not old news. (Y)

20p each including first class postage.

Isnt a first class stamp 27p so if you order 1 hes loosing -7p before you go into envelope etc.

Even if you order just one pair thats 40p - 27p = 13p before you even think about envelope and effort. Seams like a bargain to me.

Sorry if its old, I just thought that peple, like my self, that have never looked at the site or looked at if for a long time may be interseted, i know i will be buying some!

and to add to dannys point, you can buy them via paypal so you have to pay a slight % to paypal so hes losing out on even more pennies!

Edited by ding_dong

I still must try my idea, do you know loading bays have rubber on the walls for when the trucks back into them, and on the back of some trucks too, i need to test that, i reckon it may be ok for pads especially in wet conditions, we'll see as soon as i'm at a loading bay with a hacksaw :-;)

I still must try my idea, do you know loading bays have rubber on the walls for when the trucks back into them, and on the back of some trucks too, i need to test that, i reckon it may be ok for pads especially in wet conditions, we'll see as soon as i'm at a loading bay with a hacksaw :-;)

Ohhh, my granda has a boat length of rubber off a lifeboat ill have to get me a block of that and see how it is. It's basically the same bumper sorta stuff to stop the boat's hullgetting destroyed... Cheer's for that!

I am amazed at the sudden "make your own pads" frenzy. :P

Looks like we're gonna see plenty of rubbery chunks taken out of public spaces :lol::D

I wouldn't want to take a risk with my brakes, trying out all compounds from soft chewing gum to hard lift-truck bumpers... I reckon it is probably best to actually cure some proper polymer mix (though I wouldn't know where to get this).

20p isn't cheap if you're gonna slam yourself on the back too often... :ermm:

Anyway, curious about what you guys will come up with...

Hehe, i can see a competition coming along

Best home-made brake pad, post pics to me, winner wins a set of the new Rimjam's to test and free powerpad backings so they can make more of the winning pad.

Pads will be judged on looks, craftmanship, and source of material used. Performance will be hard to judge from a pic.

What you think? :lol:

Edited by wally

Best home-made brake pad, post pics to me, winner wins a set of the new Rimjam's to test and free powerpad backings so they can make more of the winning pad.

Pads will be judged on looks, craftmanship, and source of material used. Performance will be hard to judge from a pic.

I think i'm in lol, when do entries need to be in by?

im in :D

I hear erasers and micro scooter wheels work well :rolleyes:

Get back to OTN, you damn American wannabe :P

First class stamps are 30p now too, or something like that, so it IS a good deal.

Comp sounds interesting. Can I re-enter my wine-gum-coust pad from ages ago? :P