Tartybikes

Ash-Kennard

Feels alot like a much more 'completed' site. I like it, but not sure about the 'workshop' items. £5 for a headset fitting and steer tube cutting etc. £6 for a BB fitting? Seems very expensive for what it is. Would have thought the 'old' tartybikes would have done that for free.

Nice to see intelligent delivery costs. £0 for brake pads, and £10 for a full bike.

I think the thumbnails could do with being slightly bigger. But on the whole much better site.

(Y)

I love it, the only thing that held me back from ordering a wheel was the fact that I had to phone up, maybe send a cheque, etc. Put me right off.

However, expect to have £200 of my money sometime next month via Visa Electron ^_^

I also like the website, and to be honest, if you keep up your reputedly amazing service and prices then who gives a shit as to how the website looks / performs?

You sell Gusset SlimJim pedals.

Seriously, that site could be the biggest piece of shit in the world but I'd still love you for selling them :P

It looks cool. A little harder to use than the old site/a little less "personal" almost? Either way, online ordering's a damn good idea :)

not sure about the 'workshop' items. £5 for a headset fitting and steer tube cutting etc. £6 for a BB fitting? Seems very expensive for what it is. Would have thought the 'old' tartybikes would have done that for free.

I know what you mean, but then it's easy to forget that fitting a headset takes time, facing a BB shell takes time... That time has to be paid for, especially if prices (and therefore profits) are being kept competitive. Not to mention wear and tear on tools and so on...

I think there should be a chassis option in the workshop section. A complete price for fitting a headset, stem and spacers, facing & chasing, and spinning in an BB. Then when it arrives, it's just a matter of bolting on a few bits and you're ready to ride.

How come there are no large stickers for sale? Team items only?

My only complaint - such as it is - is that it feels more like CRC than On-One. That is to say that professional may have made way for impersonal. It's nice to think you're dealing with Ad & Dave than the Tartybikes Machine churning out orders. I'd like to know more about what's going on, virtual warehouse tour, Ad's new bike, owner's rides, that kind of thing...

Chris

Looks good, online ordering (finally) :)

Wheelbuilds are stupidly cheap compared to the rest of the "workshop" stuff. It's a good idea though, I reckon plenty of people will use it. If you think it's too expensive, don't pay for it.

Maybe it is more CRC than On-One, but I use CRC a lot more than I use On-One. It's all good.

I know what you mean, but then it's easy to forget that fitting a headset takes time, facing a BB shell takes time... That time has to be paid for, especially if prices (and therefore profits) are being kept competitive. Not to mention wear and tear on tools and so on...

I think there should be a chassis option in the workshop section. A complete price for fitting a headset, stem and spacers, facing & chasing, and spinning in an BB. Then when it arrives, it's just a matter of bolting on a few bits and you're ready to ride.

How come there are no large stickers for sale? Team items only?

My only complaint - such as it is - is that it feels more like CRC than On-One. That is to say that professional may have made way for impersonal. It's nice to think you're dealing with Ad & Dave than the Tartybikes Machine churning out orders. I'd like to know more about what's going on, virtual warehouse tour, Ad's new bike, owner's rides, that kind of thing...

Chris

All in due course ;).

Those worrying that we've become less personal and more 'order churning' just needs to give us a call, you'll see we're still the same trials loving happy to help people really, cuddling fluffy bunnies and helping oap's cross the road! The new site not only makes things easier for customers but also gives us more time to help the people who need advice and assistance on the phone while people who know exactly what they want to buy can place their order in seconds online. We've gone for a function first, fancy bits second. Our initial aims was to get online ordering up and running and make the site navigable so that customers could browse easily and still benefit from added ease of ordering/payment. Team riders section, bike showcase section, media etc etc will be added once we're happy with the functional aspects. Don't write the site off just yet, it's an on-going project.

Thanks for all your comments, criticisms and general feedback. It's definitely the sort of thing we need to make sure the site evolves to be the perfect blend of the old and new styles :).

Cheers Poobags!

Dave

Its good to see some online ordering now available, Makes it a much more professional looking business for those outside of the tf community :)

First thing I said to simon though was it looks like its been designed by a coder, Theres so much potential to build upon what you have, Bully the web developer into creating a more visual page.

I think entirly opposite to simon, I dont care how things work or what they look like back stage as long as they look as good as possible. I think thats why we work together.. :)

Nice update.. Thanks for advice on disk.

Those worrying that we've become less personal and more 'order churning' just needs to give us a call, you'll see we're still the same trials loving happy to help people really, cuddling fluffy bunnies and helping oap's cross the road!

Dave, I never doubted for a second that you and Ad were any less lovely than before. Your reputation isn't for nothing!

I just like having fun, interesting things to read when I should be working :)

Having previously strayed away from ordering with them, this new site has and will do them the world of good as I am about to order some bits off of them that select don't stock, thats if they accept my homo solo card!!!!

Nice work guys keep it up .

Craig

I have a feeling they do. They did when I ordered with them a while back, I think.

Site looks pretty cool, much nicer to navigate around and stuff now. :)

However, expect to have £200 of my money sometime next month via Visa Electron ^_^

oooooooooooooooh... what you going to be buying Neilly Boi, yes I know im nosey lol :P

We need to get riding again... my bike is out of action the now but when its back up and running ( will be shortyl hopefully ) I'll give you a bell for sure!!! :)(Y)

Watson

oooooooooooooooh... what you going to be buying Neilly Boi, yes I know im nosey lol :P

We need to get riding again... my bike is out of action the now but when its back up and running ( will be shortyl hopefully ) I'll give you a bell for sure!!! :)(Y)

Watson

oh my god, watson lives :D

havent seen you on this forum in ages:P

yer, good site i reccon, its good to see that the online ordering thing is working :) i got so tempted, i had to order a new stem :P

good stuff :)

Will

woo!

nice to see they've got the online ordering sorted - should give the lads more time to answer stupid questions about sticker cutting machines and cheap onza grips from me.

I'm with Simon on the design though - the colour combination mings, cellpadding is evil, table borders are evil and big black stripes upset my eyes.

that said ....

The new banner is very pretty and the download times are much better for poor saps like me who havent got their broadband installed again yet

oh my god, watson lives :D

havent seen you on this forum in ages:P

Hahaha... ooooh I feel loved :P

Yeah your right... havent been on the forum for ages cause I went through a stage of, ' I canny be arsed with trials... im going to give up' was like that from October to round about now... just got bored and wasn't gettin any better, weather was depressing me, bike was falling apart and had no money to repair etc etc BUT for some strange reason I had a big urge to go oot on ma bike and I loved it again..... so..... I decided to splash oot ma dosh that I earned from work on a new back wheel with top of the notch King ( Wating for Tarty to build it :) ), whole new drivetrain, fixed and pimped my front brake, pimped ma Middleburn bash too!!! Done all this just cause I can haha I want to get a Black Ashton Justice too, but I have no funds left, booooooo! So I'm going to get back oot riding and have a great time ones again and hopefully get better!!!! ^_^ YEAHR!!! :D

I'll talk to you on msn... since I just noticed you added me :)

Watson

Echo rear on the Hope Pro Trials 2 I believe, along with some other stuff.

Definitely need to go riding but the weather's been utter gash as of late, hardly been out myself (N)

Anyway, enough of the shoebombing hijack here... TartyBikes eh? Good stuff

My main single comment would be there's no info on postage that i could see!!

Do all prices include postage? or is there a new back end system that calculates it when placing an order?

A couple of lines explaining the prices etc would be good.

There's nothing more annoying than having to actually fully make up an order to get an idea of the price postage will be.

EDIT, just had a play and found that its clearly shown when you add things to your basket (Y) liking that a lot!!

There's nothing more annoying than having to actually fully make up an order to get an idea of the price postage will be.

Yeah there is... When you have to register with the site to find out how much postage is. I would like to see some info on postage prices, but it's not too bad being able to find out the postage when you add something to the basket :)