Tartybikes

Ash-Kennard

See, at work, i still saw the old site, but at home i don't.

Try ctrl+f5 a few times, or wait a day or two for the DNS to update.

Also, i'll think you'll find they wasn't a new and fantastic design, they just wanted the online ordering and new back end. No doubt the admin area is a lot easier to use, hell, they didn't even have one on the old site.

Most of the changes you won't see, although i do wonder why it took so long, as i can't see where the time has gone, even the HTML is awefull, and making that properly only takes a day or two's work.

But meh, s'not bad.

See, at work, i still saw the old site, but at home i don't.

Try ctrl+f5 a few times, or wait a day or two for the DNS to update.

Also, i'll think you'll find they wasn't a new and fantastic design, they just wanted the online ordering and new back end. No doubt the admin area is a lot easier to use, hell, they didn't even have one on the old site.

Most of the changes you won't see, although i do wonder why it took so long, as i can't see where the time has gone, even the HTML is awefull, and making that properly only takes a day or two's work.

But meh, s'not bad.

simon you do seem to forget that not everyone has taken the time to learn perfect coding, and does not aspire to this.

give people a break, sorry this a post culminating from reading a few of your posts recently regarding peoples code. Not all of us are employed handling millions of pounds worth of website coding, give some people a chance.

Not sure what you mean about the 'back end' Si, but its easy enough for us to use and thats what matters :)

You seem to think we've done the coding ourselves? Hell no! The HSBC integration is something only a handful of programmers even attempt, there's many a horror story floating around on PC forums.

We'll make sure we get our web guy to sort the HTML out for V2 for you ;)

Cheers

Adam

Not sure what you mean about the 'back end' Si, but its easy enough for us to use and thats what matters :)

You seem to think we've done the coding ourselves? Hell no! The HSBC integration is something only a handful of programmers even attempt, there's many a horror story floating around on PC forums.

We'll make sure we get our web guy to sort the HTML out for V2 for you ;)

Cheers

Adam

No, that's what i mean, the thing takes the most time is the thing the viewing public don't see, the thing that makes managing the site a lot easier.

And i know you've not done the site yourself, hence why i commented on the bad code. A site is a product, and i view the site as a whole product. It's like a mechanic goes to buy a car, he doesn't just buy a car without looking at the inner's, same as with me and websites.

And Ben, why should i give a proffesional web developer a "break". :ermm:

sorry simon,

like i said it was a culmination of some posts i had seen, i just think you are a bit too harsh, and put it down, instead of some hearty advice. We are all friends here, although i take back the fact i had mentioned it about the TB site because you knew it was someone elses design.

BUT

i still think a bit of advice rather than a blatant put down about the code or whatever being shite.

meh

im not trying to start an argument, i know your a decent enough guy even thought i have never met you.

But there isn't any advice i can give really, code is code, it's either well thought out, or had no thought put in.

It's not just a fact of making a site, slamming it together. Hell, i even print out the design, and draw on each layer of the site, how i'm going to slice it, how i'm going to make each section work in smaller and larger browsers, how parts that might not be multi browser compatible can be made multi browser compatible.

The only advice i can give is re-do the HTML, or atleast re-think how it's put together, and how one can utilize the features of HTML better. Tables are exactly that, for tabular data, not to design websites in, and it's extremely bad practise. Hell, even i'm guilty of it for my first shop, but i restricted my use of it, where a table wasn't needed, it wasn't used.

I'll tell you know, when it comes to websites, i'll be the first inline to offer any kind of advice. I've written countless guides on how to do things, and helped countless people on MSN, as long as they are willing to learn, i'll offer advice. I'm not saying the person who did it isn't willing to learn, but advising on code is a hard subject, as there is so much of it.

Maybe i was a bit harsh in my first post, for which i apologize for.

Nice (Y)

Firstly the online ordering should give adam + dave more sales. Some newer people prefer to buy via the next rather than the email thing

Secondly I don't like it. BUT that's only because im so used to the old version. Im 100% sure itll grow on me (and hopefully you guys too) the more I use it :)