Juicy Sevens, Or Hope Trials

thirsty2

hi i'm looking at getting a front disc for when i get a new frame.

but i'm a bit stuck on what to get.

should i get: a Juicy five/seven or a hope trials disc.

i saw the juicy seven on a fully built bike in a bike shop and the brake felt beautiful. but i'm not sure wether to get one for trials or not.

thanks for your help.

Alex

Ive owned a 160mm Mono Trial and a 203mm Juicy 7 :- . The Mono Trial was a good, powerful brake for the small rootr size but mine was troubled by sticky pistons, it is now at Hope to be fixed. Currently I am riding a 203mm Juicy, that I bought to replace my Mono Trial. The lever position and pad contact adjustment are great features to the powerful brake it has one major drawback. Aas a safety feature all Juicy levers click outwards in a event of a crash - yet this is extremly annoying. Every time you go for a bigger sidehop/tap or any big effort move the lever clicks out mid move to a position that your finger cant reach. The lever then has to be clicked in again before it can begin breaking. (N)

Cheers

Ali C

alex, get the juicy 7, ill also have one soon.

you had better not get an echo or we will be confused with whos bike is whos!

sorry ash but i am, just remember the better one is mine ok only joking, we have different wheels, cranks, and other different things

but every thing else must be good as u are getting them parts.

i didn't know u liked the juicy sevens, i only saw it on a bike in cycle paths today. haha

Edited by farehamtrialsmassive05

alex, don't buy the control just yet. at least wait until you can have a go on simons limey? if you go to pompey on saturday he will be there too so have a go then, i wouldn't want you wasting your money on something if you haven't even tried the limey.

trust me they are well worth trying. don't order it till you have had a go

Iv fallen in love with my hope C2. Its the TPA on ta leaver that i like, lets me make the brake feel how i like it and...... it was only £40 off ebay. :P

All hopes have that (well something similar) but they are integrated and hiden inside the lever blade so they don't get damaged, and it makes it extremely hard to tern with a set of alen keys because you can't get in there properly. £40 is a bargain though. Was it brand new?

Edited by Jaffacakes

All hopes have that (well something similar) but they are integrated and hiden inside the lever blade so they don't get damaged, and it makes it extremely hard to tern with a set of alen keys because you can't get in there properly. £40 is a bargain though. Was it brand new?

no it came with the rotor though. I diddn't no that the new leavers had it at all, thought they just adusted themselvs. :$

Edited by Metal

alex, don't buy the control just yet. at least wait until you can have a go on simons limey? if you go to pompey on saturday he will be there too so have a go then, i wouldn't want you wasting your money on something if you haven't even tried the limey.

trust me they are well worth trying. don't order it till you have had a go

ash. o havent even got the money for the contol yet, and im saving up more than i need to so i can get new parts, so i wont be for a long time mate.

ill have a go on a limey but i think i will still be getting the control.

Dan sais to get the 06 model when it comes out.

cheers ash,

alex.

I am just wanting to download the Fortunes Faded music video and i am having troubles doing so...

Right :S

si.

oh and alex have a go on my limey on saterday and see what you like!because ash will be there on his control and i'll have my limey so you can see which you prefer (Y)

hes now getting the adament A1, i think that would suit him better.

yes ash i am defiantly am getting it mate.

i really cant make my mind up, there is so many good frames out now its unbelievable.

but i've made my mind up now.

Adamant A1, beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

cheers any way si.

alex