Re-blueing My Rims!

RR_Trials

I have a set of blue drilled koxx rims, and i don't have a front disk. i am going to get a front disk but when i do i realize my front rim shall look rubbish as my front brake has rubbed all the paint of the side wall of my front rim :( . Is there anyway of getting a precise colour match for the rims and having them re-painted or shall i have to get rid of a perfectly good rim just to get the colour (N)?

Any comments welcome

Cheers Rorz

No bike is perfect and going to be a waste of money to buy a new front wheel

And a true waste of time to paint it as it will look shit compared to the anodised central rim

Id say just live with it or try to aviod using you front brake and set yourself up with a disj asap

A new rim is what £60 and a louise disk is £80 for spokes or a build just get a disk now or dont worry about how blue your blue rim is

:) Ok i think i will leave it and have the remaining bit of tacky blue on the side wall sanded of (Y) I'm glad someone said that onza boy marks looks mad, I just didn't want people to think i was a cheap skate like not buying new ones.

P.s has anyone got a picture of onza boy marks set up as my bike should look like his when finished (Y)

Again, how did you get validated?

I personally think it should be public knowledge who validate's new member's so if there is a problem, we can at least vent on someone.

These post's are of the same standard as lukedraisey's, childlike, boring and clearly not even an ounce of thought has gone into many of them.

Perhaps some ritalin would sort it out? You come across as someone who is too excitable amd act's on impulse, not saying it's a bad thing, but it is if you do it all the time.

Take a break man, READ other member's post's PROPERLY, and perhaps you'll work out why so many people are giving you hassle for your post's. Who else, other than luke, post's topic's like you do?

Edit: uhh, has a post been deleted from this fred?

What I don't get, is how can some people be validated, when montyboysam isn't? At least his post's tend to make sense....

Edited by jake1516

Still makes me laugh to think that people rate my bike as nice to look at :P Gone are the days of the spotty rims and shit like that :P

Anyhoo, if you see someone who needs to be validated, report a post of their's and just put "validate" or whatever, and we can check it out. Simple :)

As for rims, I'd rather mine was all blue 'n' spangly but it's not. C'est la vie, really. If it is it is, but if it's not it's not. Hell, I'm probably saving 0.2g of weight 'n' all after the last grind on it :P

I'm lacing my new front wheel in radial to save weight, how sad am I? :(

How does it save weight? I was under the impression that you still used the same number of spokes and nipples, surley the pattern itself doesn't have an effect on the weight?????

Not being picky or anything I have a radial front and half radial rear wheel, I like it cos it looks cool :$

So a radially spoked (laced?) wheel has shorter spokes than a wheel using the same rim and hub, but just a differant lacing pattern? That's beyond me indeed. Surley the distance between the hub flange and the rim is going to determine the spoke length rather than the pattern itself?

cheers mark you're bike looks mint, and thanks everyone for helping out and posting helpful comments.

P.s Jake i'm trying my hardest to make good posts and stuff witch is helpful to others, I know lots of people with these rims and think that finding out the answer to this thread is helpful to them and others. i'm sorry if you think so lowly of me (N)

What odds are you giving me? :D

Hope mono...

Edit: Spokes are shorter therefore weighing less... Still not overly sure due to lack of strength and how sketchy I am, and the fact I'm used to 20" 48 spoke wheels!

mate i was going to do this on my bike at the moment using 06 echo rim and 06 echo disc hub, and using a hope mono mini,

when speakign to tarty he said it would last one endo roughly then the wheel would fall apart,

i wanted to do it to be different, but go for it if you want, but dont say we didnt warn you.

mate i was going to do this on my bike at the moment using 06 echo rim and 06 echo disc hub, and using a hope mono mini,

when speakign to tarty he said it would last one endo roughly then the wheel would fall apart,

i wanted to do it to be different, but go for it if you want, but dont say we didnt warn you.

Cheers for that (Y) Think I'll give it a miss :-

2X it is...

Dude. Think about it. If it's going direct from rim to hub, it's going a shorter distance...

IPB Image

Now with pictorzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... Check it - green line = maybe 3x style lace pattern. Red line = radial. Note lengths :P

Ahhh, yes I see now, I was thinking that regardless, the spokes went straight out from the flange as they do on a radially laced wheel, stupid really, but I get it now, that (crude :P) diagram cleared it up nicely for me.

cheers mark you're bike looks mint, and thanks everyone for helping out and posting helpful comments.

P.s Jake i'm trying my hardest to make good posts and stuff witch is helpful to others, I know lots of people with these rims and think that finding out the answer to this thread is helpful to them and others. i'm sorry if you think so lowly of me (N)

I understand, but I, (and others, i'm sure) are sick of seeing 'oh my god!!!!!!!!! deng has a new frame design called zhi!!!!they r sooo kool and lush.i want to buy one cos they are so lush butt when will they be forsale here?!?!?!?!?!?'

Obviously that's not an exact quote of yourself, and that post I have quoted, your last one in this thread, seems to show that you've perhaps taken heed of the advice, I'd nearly think it was someone else who had typed that out for you ;) If you keep them like that, I'll (at least) be happy enough (Y)

Cheers for that (Y) Think I'll give it a miss :-

2X it is...

Sorry to go off topic form origonal post- but i feel this is important!

DO NOT run a full radial wheel with a disk brake, the hub will just wind up and spoke will rip out of the flange, it has been done!

I wouldnt recomend 2x either, as its not actually that strong, in terms of rotational forces.

If you want to look different, and save wieght, do one side of the wheel (the one with the larger flange on the hub if theres a difference) in 3x, and the other side radial. this looks cool, and is strong enough for the disk, and your still saving weight.

I built a rear (xc) wheel in half 3x/half radial as it wasnt using a disk, and it was very nice. silver hub, black spokes, black rim with silver braking surface- looked MINT, made people look twice. sadly that bike got stolen :angry: