2 Pics Ive Taken

Davetrials

Yeah, christ, Dave posted some pics, no need to be twats about it! :S

Anyways, nice pics dave, got the exposures just about right in those, liked the colours in the 2nd one. (Y)

Good to see you're getting to grips with the camera too!

Nice one.

f**king ditto. Why are you, Spacemunkee, acting like a bllend? I liked them! :)

Cheers,

Joe.

Edited by joe b

Yea... were all acting like "bellends". Just because we didnt bum his two pics shitless...

Actually mate, i should edit my post, caus i was reffering to you. You were the only one being a bllend. And no, you didn't bum his pics shitless your, critism was unconstructive. (N)

Joe.

Ooooo sum ones jealos.

I have nothing to be jealous of...

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Jan 27 2006, 07:47 PM)

Actually mate, i should edit my post, caus i was reffering to you. You were the only one being a bllend. And no, you didn't bum his pics shitless your, critism was unconstructive. (N)

Joe.

See you clearly haven't read the topic because it seems everyone including dave has only picked up on the negative "comments". ill be the bigger man this time joe.. and walk away.

Right, two rubbish photos, and here's why.

First one. The composition is off. Why shoot that in portrait format? There's so much foreground just taking up space and adding nothing. Also when you lined up the shot, you probably looked at the rock Mike went up and based everything around that. As a result, the rider isn't in the middle of the frame, which is messy. Also, with those deep shadows, and lack of shadow detail, you can't make out what he's riding on.

The flash has also fired, which has made very little difference, except to crush your last hopes of this being a sillouette.

However, the thing that really ruins it for me, and makes it pretty much unsavable, is the terrible lens flare all over the rider, and the way the sun has bleached out part of his legs. The Fuji has a pretty good lens for the money, but it will not cope with a situation like this!

Second one. The rider is blurred first and foremost which he shouldn't be. Secondly, everything around the rider is dull. Flat ground and lots of sky. Both adding nothing to the picture. You've also taken the shot too late. 20 minutes earlier and the sky would have had a lot more colour in it and really added to the impact of the shot.

In both cases, the shots have been heavily sharpened and show a lot of noise, but this may have been through excessive editing after the event. The way the images have been processed is really not pretty. But most of all, please crop pictures before posting them! Make them 33% of the original size, and it'll be much easier for people to view them!

Right, two rubbish photos, and here's why.

First one. The composition is off. Why shoot that in portrait format? There's so much foreground just taking up space and adding nothing. Also when you lined up the shot, you probably looked at the rock Mike went up and based everything around that. As a result, the rider isn't in the middle of the frame, which is messy. Also, with those deep shadows, and lack of shadow detail, you can't make out what he's riding on.

The flash has also fired, which has made very little difference, except to crush your last hopes of this being a sillouette.

However, the thing that really ruins it for me, and makes it pretty much unsavable, is the terrible lens flare all over the rider, and the way the sun has bleached out part of his legs. The Fuji has a pretty good lens for the money, but it will not cope with a situation like this!

Second one. The rider is blurred first and foremost which he shouldn't be. Secondly, everything around the rider is dull. Flat ground and lots of sky. Both adding nothing to the picture. You've also taken the shot too late. 20 minutes earlier and the sky would have had a lot more colour in it and really added to the impact of the shot.

In both cases, the shots have been heavily sharpened and show a lot of noise, but this may have been through excessive editing after the event. The way the images have been processed is really not pretty. But most of all, please crop pictures before posting them! Make them 33% of the original size, and it'll be much easier for people to view them!

An this ladies an gentlemen is the kind of crap you come out with when you become a geek!

first one is good i can see what he has done and everything around him is clear and his move has a purpose second one is kinda rubbish just some guy doing a back hop which IMO is very boring and pointless atlest in the first one his move is impressive

Edited by LukeBrisaRider

first one is good i can see what he has done and everything around him is clear and his move has a purpose second one is kinda rubbish just some guy doing a back hop which IMO is very boring and pointless atlest in the first one his move is impressive

And that ladies and gentlemen is the sorta crap you come out with when you have no idea what your talking about.

You've tried to be too arty, first one I dont have a clue how you can say that ones good and the second ones rubbish when it's clearly the opposite :ermm:

As Chris said, too much lens flare and don't shoot into the sun and use flash!!!

Find a better angle, if you wanted a shot of him, in good light then go the other side to where you were, the sun would be hitting him and flash may of worked well.

Seconds alrite, sterotypical shot really.

(Y)

An this ladies an gentlemen is the kind of crap you come out with when you become a geek!

No, mate, dont be harsh! Hes a professional, and thats why he knows what hes chomping on... At least he sheds some light showing why he thinks what he think. (Y)

Cheers,

Joe.

But don't you see that what I've said is based on experience and knowledge. It's something critical but explained and hopefully can be taken constructively to help Dave take better pictures in the future. Not just some 'witty' throw away comment,or a simple 'G8 pix matez!!!1!!11'

A photo - or video for that matter - is made up of two things; the riding within it and the quality of the capture. As Andrew T said recently that great riding with bad capture is as bad as a perfectly shot sequence of bad riding.

The move in the first shot is good, no question. The riding was never in doubt. But the way it's been shot means that you can't really make out what he's on. You can't see what comes next, where he's come from, which you could have if you'd shot landscape. Also shooting with a Fuji point & shoot means that you loose the detail out the shadows and you can't make out the fine detail which may have lifted the shot.

If I'd taken those two shots, I'd have though "better luck next time" but not posted them, and I have some cracking shots which have been ruined with lens flare!

No, that's what you get when you're a professional in your field, and someone asks for constructive criticism. You do realise that "F-Stop Junkie" is this guy?

IPB Image

Having someone who takes picture of trials for one of the best selling magazines in the UK and who sells enlargements of images he's taken at, for example, the nationals is a pretty good thing on here. It means that people can get helpful comments/constructive criticism, which can only be a good thing?

And that ladies and gentlemen is the sorta crap you come out with when you have no idea what your talking about.

You've tried to be too arty, first one I dont have a clue how you can say that ones good and the second ones rubbish when it's clearly the opposite :ermm:

As Chris said, too much lens flare and don't shoot into the sun and use flash!!!

Find a better angle, if you wanted a shot of him, in good light then go the other side to where you were, the sun would be hitting him and flash may of worked well.

Seconds alrite, sterotypical shot really.

(Y)

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Jan 28 2006, 10:56 AM)

No, mate, dont be harsh! Hes a professional, and thats why he knows what hes chomping on... At least he sheds some light showing why he thinks what he think. (Y)

Cheers,

Joe.

But don't you see that what I've said is based on experience and knowledge. It's something critical but explained and hopefully can be taken constructively to help Dave take better pictures in the future. Not just some 'witty' throw away comment,or a simple 'G8 pix matez!!!1!!11'

A photo - or video for that matter - is made up of two things; the riding within it and the quality of the capture. As Andrew T said recently that great riding with bad capture is as bad as a perfectly shot sequence of bad riding.

The move in the first shot is good, no question. The riding was never in doubt. But the way it's been shot means that you can't really make out what he's on. You can't see what comes next, where he's come from, which you could have if you'd shot landscape. Also shooting with a Fuji point & shoot means that you loose the detail out the shadows and you can't make out the fine detail which may have lifted the shot.

If I'd taken those two shots, I'd have though "better luck next time" but not posted them, and I have some cracking shots which have been ruined with lens flare!

i do believe the word i'm looking for here is 'Owned'

Hmmm it seems people on this forum are becoming exceptionally touchy when it comes to the subject of humour!

obviously i have no clue what am on about when it comes to lens etc to me its a picture and the better picture to me is the first one mr Rob P i prefer if i see the move rather than some random back hop which is effortless to do! much prefer an impressive move whilst he is trying to be arty than a random backhop like i said before and that is IMO and i'm pretty sure i know my own opinion better than you do! your entitled to yours i'm entitled to mine!

and f stop junkie if your refering to me as writing in text i dont think i come under that contexts but still i understood where you was coming from being advanced in your field and knowledge is cool and atleast someone from MBUK shares his wisdom!

and Mr charel this is a thread of a photo why bring the bullshit half hearted owned shit into it, geeks really do piss me off cause your all under the same context of retards! make your insult atleast constructive instead of pointing out the obvious! you are f**king annoying dude!

people really do need to lighten up

Mr charel this is a thread of a photo why bring the bullshit half hearted owned shit into it, geeks really do piss me off cause your all under the same context of retards! make your insult atleast constructive instead of pointing out the obvious! you are f**king annoying dude!

people really do need to lighten up

lol you hypercrit

and f stop junkie if your refering to me as writing in text i dont think i come under that contexts but still i understood where you was coming from being advanced in your field and knowledge is cool and atleast someone from MBUK shares his wisdom!

I wasn't referring to you in anyway way, it was a general point about the forum that there's a high level of posts which add very little, especially when it comes to pictures and videos.

It's almost like a poll should accompany each posted picture or video so people can easily say 'I like it' or 'Not my cup of tea' without building painfully long threads. Then those who want to add comments or criticism can do so.

One thing though Luke, you may want to check your keyboard to see if the full stop and comma keys still work.

Owned.

always one ok i may get a warning for this or maybe even banned but i have to say it, nick you are the biggest dickhead in the world period, if your arse could get any further up your own arse god would have to claim you as a new breed of animal, you think that you are above everyone when in fact your very very very small compared to alot of people on this forum, so you can either grow up or f**k or not make comments towards me on your own behalf.

because if you carry on and i promise this if i ever do see you anywhere i dont care if its in a police station i vow i will show you what gettin the shit kicked out of you is really like,

cause i really dont know whats bigger your head or your mouth!

and you can reply with what you like this is the only chance am goner give you,

but if you do reply, make any comments towards me that i see or hear you will be seein me standing over you whilst your kissing the curb!