Pc Or Mac?

Hoot

Pc or Mac??  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What's better, Pc or mac?

• Pc?
    • Mac?

I have always used a PC with windows on it, XP pro at the moment, so I've never had a mac, but I have had a play with them and they sure do seem easy to use, I really like the OSX mac use, real easy and clean looking, but I don't think I could switch to a mac as it wil be totally different, all it needs is another version of windows i.e vista and it wil be fine.

And what's the deal with explorer haha, it's really really bad, why microsoft make something a lot better, or do they?

I'm guessing the people with macs will vote mac and the people will pcs will vote pcs even though they havn't used a mac :P haha, ofcourse that's just what "should" happen.

Phil.

they sure do seem easy to use, I really like the OSX mac use, real easy and clean looking, but I don't think I could switch to a mac as it wil be totally different, all it needs is another version of windows i.e vista and it wil be fine.

And what's the deal with explorer haha, it's really really bad, why microsoft make something a lot better, or do they?

I'm guessing the people with macs will vote mac and the people will pcs will vote pcs even though they havn't used a mac :P haha, ofcourse that's just what "should" happen.

Phil.

Exactly.

Seems like a shit topic. How about you try think about your topics before you post them? Just having one like this, even after us discussing it in another topic I think it was?

Very pointless. And it's obvious you just want to say 'I hate macs. I think they're shit. Pc's Rule' Blah blah.

Rather than taking anyone elses point of views into account within the topic.

I dont understand how people can find a mac hard to use? im on osx...and its the easiest, tidiest looking thing i've ever had the pleasure to use, The dock is a very good idea, keeps it off the screen, and the top 'file,edit' etc bar is such a cool idea (Y). And whoever said aplication instalation seemed abit of a task talks out there bum hole, Just download the .dmg, open it, and drag it to aplications, Much better then windows instalation wizard shizzle.

Tom

Edit:i cant spell :(

Edited by Tom Booth

macs are absolute shite...

I used to be a lab monitor for 40 brand new g5's, each one was 10x slower than my 4 year old PC (which I built myself). I'm a graphic designer and HAVE to use macs at most jobs, it is getting better though....more people are switching to PCs

The reason why most mac owners say they like better than a PC is because they have never used a real PC....dell/gateway/whatever other shite computer comes in a box is all trash. If you don't build your computer yourself its almost a guarantee to be shit, and it will cost a ton more than if you just built it up yourself. Macs come pre-built and they are fairly bullit proof- they won't crash (usually) or break down alot like most bargain PCs do.

I can leave my PC on for months without any problems, and its old as f**k at this point...still put serious pressure on it everyday between video editing and graphics programs (flash, illustrator, quark, indesign, photoshop)- huge files, 500+ megs a piece...still runs proper. When I was back in uni using the g5's they were so rediculously slow I just couldn't take it anymore.

edit: that being said...for laptops I would choose a powerbook over any PC laptop any day...

Edited by AndrewT

IPB Image

haha nice

having used both, i would say there is far more flexibitlity with what you can do with a PC... plus pc's are made by millions off companies macs are made by 1 (and a pretty shitty one) which means everything has alternatives.

I would have to say macs are almost right - a nice idea getting rid of a load of shit from when pc's were first designed (read bodged together), but I feel they have turned into a simpletons PC / fashion accessory - see also IPOD.... plus from what i can see apple software is even worse than windows. . . come on itunes is the biggest pile of wank since... well... ever.

Edited by manuel

come on itunes is the biggest pile of wank since... well... ever.

iTunes on the Mac is loads nicer though - I quite like it. But there are much better alternatives on the PC, shame you can't use any of them if you have an iPod :P

We use debian at uni and ive dabbled with linux on my home pc but it really pisses me off not being able to do everything i want without looking up loads of tutorials and stuff. For programming though linux kicks windows ass.

Once its all set up and running though its just awesome

you can download stuff from apt-get just by putting in the terminal

ap-get ...program...

and it just downloads just like that :) thats if youve got the repositries :P

im just waiting for my breezy cd then il probaly just get a laptop for my ubuntu

im just waiting for my breezy cd then il probaly just get a laptop for my ubuntu

I've got five sitting right here in front of me. :P Been playing about with it on an old pc ive put in my room and i love it! For me though it's very limited as my dad doesn't want me installing it on real pc so i have no web connection on it and a 2gb hard drive and shizzle. Still having fun playing aorund though, and it kicks all the OS's arses for random games pre installed. :turned:

To get back on topic though i love the whole feel of the macs and there nice to use and good fun but to be honest there's plenty of things that would stop me getting one.

Max

• 2 weeks later...