Pc Or Mac?

Hoot

Pc or Mac??  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What's better, Pc or mac?

• Pc?
    • Mac?

Just a thought as i've seen people arguing over what's better. In my opinion, Pc's will always beat Mac's!

For f**k's sake. Do you mean a typical PC processor and tower? Running whatever OS you want? Xp / Linux / OsX or do you mean Windows or OSX?

It's a f**king stupid question.

90%+ computer literate people use windows 'cos they've got the best stance in the market and have done for ages 'cos windoze works well with corporate stuff, is cheap (because it's shit and built craply) and that's about it.

If 90% of users on TF / the world use PC's (Windoze) then they won't exactly vote for Mac will they. They haven't even tried it.

So to be fair this topic's just a stupid idea.

For f**k's sake. Do you mean a typical PC processor and tower? Running whatever OS you want? Xp / Linux / OsX or do you mean Windows or OSX?

It's a f**king stupid question.

90%+ computer literate people use windows 'cos they've got the best stance in the market and have done for ages 'cos windoze works well with corporate stuff, is cheap (because it's shit and built craply) and that's about it.

If 90% of users on TF / the world use PC's (Windoze) then they won't exactly vote for Mac will they. They haven't even tried it.

So to be fair this topic's just a stupid idea.

Erm.... i mean a FULL pc running windows odviously. And if you think it's a stupid topic, why do you feel the need to reply??

im sorry..... but my girlfriends entire family have been using macs for the whole 4 years ive known them, i work for hannahs mum.... and often spend a lot of time on the computer.....

having spent a LOT of time working on macs, i can safely say i cant see ANY benefits of a mac over a windows system...........

theyre nasty.... they look posserish.... which almost always means SHITE, theyre slow, nasty to use, only one sodding mouse button. the programs are stupid and make no sense, they dont work with pc stuff, which lets face it, it over 90% of computers out there!

hannahs mum recently bought a sony laptop for use in her business.... and guess what, the f**king laptops never off, they all que up to use the lappy becuse the macs such a f**king joke!

and its no cheappy mac either, its a top of the range one, costing a serious amount of wedge just over a year ago!

so im not one of those 90% who have a pc and havnt tried a mac, i use one almost every single day, and hate every fecking dirty minute of it....

and what a surprise? a family that have only EVER had macs, all queing up to use the windows laptop.... why?

because the macs a waste of f**king table space!!!!!!!!

im sorry..... but my girlfriends entire family have been using macs for the whole 4 years ive known them, i work for hannahs mum.... and often spend a lot of time on the computer.....

having spent a LOT of time working on macs, i can safely say i cant see ANY benefits of a mac over a windows system...........

theyre nasty.... they look posserish.... which almost always means SHITE, theyre slow, nasty to use, only one sodding mouse button. the programs are stupid and make no sense, they dont work with pc stuff, which lets face it, it over 90% of computers out there!

hannahs mum recently bought a sony laptop for use in her business.... and guess what, the f**king laptops never off, they all que up to use the lappy becuse the macs such a f**king joke!

and its no cheappy mac either, its a top of the range one, costing a serious amount of wedge just over a year ago!

so im not one of those 90% who have a pc and havnt tried a mac, i use one almost every single day, and hate every fecking dirty minute of it....

and what a surprise? a family that have only EVER had macs, all queing up to use the windows laptop.... why?

because the macs a waste of f**king table space!!!!!!!!

Well said mate, i second that! (Y)

PC any day, just because it's what im used to I suppose. Macs just dont feel.....real? Feels like a toy or a fake version of a real computer.

I use them at college and yes there smart etc, compact but my laptop does everything I need anyway and takes up less room.

I'll say, the only thing I prefur a mac for is for editing in photoshop! Thats what there at college for, because there design computers which is ok but they crash etc all the time.

Top spec PC or laptop anyday! (Y)

I hate to break it to you, but neither is better. If one platform was massively better, don't you think there would be no other? They are good for different things/different people.

I have a Mac laptop and a PC desktop. I use the laptop 99% of the time, I just prefer it. For what I use computers for (basically just internet and a bit of pictures) the mac rules. It's just really nice to use. However I totally understand that some people will prefer PCs if they're into games etc. But (apart from Prawn :P ) most people won't have used a Mac, ever. So it's a stupid topic, but no doubt people will cite it as "proof" that PCs are better.

Why do I prefer the mac? Dunno, I find it really hard to explain. It is slower than my PC for a lot of things (E.g. Photoshop, encoding etc), but it's not slow enough to be frustrating, and there are just loads of things to like about it. Keyboard shortcuts for everything - I find that really useful, and I think that's why the mouse only has one button - You don't need any more really. With a Mac you use the keyboard a lot more. Also it just looks 10 times nicer than Windows (although I suppose that is subjective). Call me shallow, but I love the Exposé and the dashboard zooming in and out. And it's rock-solid. It never crashes totally, and program crashes are very rare, but they never cause the system to crash, which can happen in Windows. Even when a program decides it's not working, a simple cmd-alt-esc (equivalent of Ctrl-Alt-Del) will fix it, whereas Ctrl-Alt-Delete often doesn't respond if the system is going really slowly. Oh and I didn't really get round to the fact that there's no spyware (except ITMS ;) ), adware, viruses around.

My Dad got himself a Mac a while back. He's not hugely computer literate or anything, so I was called on to install a load of stuff and get it all running.

Most complicated piece of shit, ever. There's so much hassle to do relatively simple tasks that on a PC would just be a simple click thing that it'd never, ever make me want to have one. They just piss me off faaaaaaaar too much. He's since sold the Mac and got a PC 'cos he too found the Mac to largely be shit, as has my Uncle who - having been a "Mac bummer" (who got my Dad to get it in the first place) - tried my Dad's new PC and found it a shitload better.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Maybe some people just like fagging about more with stuff needlessly :P

For the work i do, a PC is the only option. The applications i use just simply aren't available for a mac.

In terms of using a mac, i had to get one onto our house network a couple of years back and to be honest it was probably simpler than getting the PC's on (they were running Win ME/98 :S), but apart from that i have very little experience of them.

I also enjoy the hands on approach to the hardware side of things which with a mac is pretty damn restricted.

Although people are saying mac can be slower for some things I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be the case if you had a mac designed for the job in hand. I know for a fact a friend of mine uses mac in his studio for music production based software and also swears by them for photoshop stuff. Of course he also has a pc in the office to do the emailing and typing on etc.....

Basicly it really depends what your using them for, on face value though (not looking into all the hard ware is crap etc. et.c) Mac probably should be classed as 'better' machines.

How gives a shite though really?

I don't like macs, but i do like pc's. The macs just aren't as versatile as my pc is, my pc runs adobe photoshop just as well as any mac does, but the macs don't play the games like my pc does. they also don't like most of the other software that my pc does to make things like dvd copying easier.

I like the style of the mac with the nice blue ripply background and the white menu bars but thats about it. Oh, and the ability to make folders different colours. But my pc can use images though so it kind of makes different colours obsolete. And i suppose if it was that big a deal i would be running windowblinds to change it to the mac style.

I also don't get why most people seem to think pc's aren't reliable. I've only had mine for around 10 months but i've never had any major problems with it except when the shop upgraded the gfx card and the motherbard couldn't cope with it so they had to upgrade that as well. It never crashes! And it never gets virus's and spyware, well its had one trojan but it was automatically deleted so it doesn't count as having one. i think its fairly safe to say that its the user who manages to f**k pc's up. "oooh whats this on limewire?... a song thats 186.3kb in size and is in a .exe extension that must be a good song."

It also does little things that are completely baffling like when andy was trying to sort out whether or not i should upgrade my hard drive it doesn't display any information about my hard drive in the device manager other than the fact that it is, a hard drive. And when i put in a dvd movie the computer stops for a second and then carries on again. This gives my pc more of a personality than a mac.

Basically what i'm trying to say is......

Shit topic, people will almost always be biased to what they have because they like it. And the majority of people on here have pc's.

I like the style of the mac with the nice blue ripply background and the white menu bars but thats about it. Oh, and the ability to make folders different colours.

I thought that was awesome when I first got my Mac, until I discovered that you can do exactly the same thing with Windows XP. Although that might be whatever Theme I am running. It has all the colours - Gray, Yellow, Green, Read (sic).

^_^