Stupid Piece Of Crap Wireless Internet.....

Siders77

Hey guys.

I've had my wireless internet going through a router for about 6 months now and it's been fine. Recently it's been dis-connecting a lot. Last night I was hardly able to stay online for 10mins at a time. :angry:

It's really starting to pis me off now. Any ideas how I can sort it?

Hey guys.

I've had my wireless internet going through a router for about 6 months now and it's been fine. Recently it's been dis-connecting a lot. Last night I was hardly able to stay online for 10mins at a time. :angry:

It's really starting to pis me off now. Any ideas how I can sort it?

Try resetting your router. Worked for me a while ago.

It's a US.Robotics Router and USB adapter thingy.

I'll try re-setting the router, cheers Smo.

@ Hoot: If the microwave or tv were interfearing with it wouldn't it have started when I first installed it all? :S

Cheers for the help lads, I'll try in a mo.

Nope, a microwave or t.v can still be the problem, wether it's been working fine for a while or not. If re-booting the router doesnt work, then try changing the channel. Also, have you checked for loose connections etc?

Edited by Hoot

I dont know if it makes any difference or not but ive had mine for ages and not really had any problems with it But just recently ive started using bear share alot and my internet disconects everyother minute or so, only when im using bearshare that is.

Sometimes they get a bit hot and decide they don't want to work any more. It's pretty shoddy though. Try it in a well-ventilated place and see if that makes a difference.

Have you got Windows XP service pack 2? That fixes a lot of problems with wireless, apparently. Try it (Y)

You think you have problems?

My Broadband has been randomly disconecting for ages.

It seems to have happened since we upgraded to 2mb.

Im running a Netgear wired router on the network and randomly the green light on it showing the broadband connectivity goes out cos the connection has been lost, it reconnects itself within 30 seconds. I also get the message that network connection2 has been disconnected...

The Wankserve helpdesk cant help cos im not running their usb modem, they swear there is not a problem in my area and its going to be a problem with the router. BT wont test the line without permission from Wanadoo/freeserve...

It seems to happen more at 'peak' times. Some evenings it disconnects itself every minute! Others it will do it like 1 time an hour, or not at all.

I am hoping that when I get a new hdd and do a fresh windows install it will sort itself out and just be some crap network setting problem, although I cant see that any network settings are gonna effect the connection between the phoneline and my router.

Go to hell USB modem, I have already gone back to the Netgear router :P

The Allied Data Copperjet USB modem supplied by Freeserve is absolute shite. It has 2 lights on it that are either red or green. When you turn the PC on one light turns green to say the USB is connected properly, the other stay red untill it has connected to the ADSL. The wank USB modem takes an age to connect to the ADSL, I restarted the PC several times due to it screwing up the network connections, it only connected to the ADSL one time out of the few restarts I did!

At least with this Netgear router I can actually get use the internet as soon as I turn my PC on and I havent got to f**k around waiting for it to connect to the ADSL!

Computers do my head in when you get stupid little problems like this!

Sorry I hi-jacked your thread Sidders :lol:

Go to hell USB modem, I have already gone back to the Netgear router :P

The Allied Data Copperjet USB modem supplied by Freeserve is absolute shite. It has 2 lights on it that are either red or green. When you turn the PC on one light turns green to say the USB is connected properly, the other stay red untill it has connected to the ADSL. The wank USB modem takes an age to connect to the ADSL, I restarted the PC several times due to it screwing up the network connections, it only connected to the ADSL one time out of the few restarts I did!

At least with this Netgear router I can actually get use the internet as soon as I turn my PC on and I havent got to f**k around waiting for it to connect to the ADSL!

Computers do my head in when you get stupid little problems like this!

Sorry I hi-jacked your thread Sidders :lol:

Sorry mate but i have the freeserve modem and i can use the internet straight away and i never have to restart it ever so it just must have been your modem.

Back on topic, lads. :P

Anyway, I was looking at the link information for a bit and noticed the channels kept switching from 11 to 6....Is this normal or not? :S

It's really starting to piss me off now. I can't stay on MSN for more than a minute sometimes. :angry:

No...go on your router settings and see if you can choose a set channel. I use channel 6 on my linksys router B)