Cross Threaded My Echo Cranks

JoNnY__Mc

Not that i have ever tried this, but if your not tha bothered about ur pedals, then drill a whole in the middle of the end of your pedal thread, then get a blot and a decent sized washer, then bolt it on, not sure if it will work, so review before you try! (Y)

How cross-threaded is cross-threaded? If it's just the start, you can sometimes just put the pedal in from the wrong side (making sure you start it properly this time ;)) and just tidy the threads up like that. It's worked for me before (Y)

If not, just get a pedal you won't want any more and araldite that mofo back in there :P

Note: sketchy ;)

Or if it is the start like OBM said, You can get a countersinking drill bit and remove 3 or 4 of the damged threads, Dont go to told thou, the pedal thread interface hs got alot of wieght to bare. This works btw because I did this on a slightly stripped mech hanger.

Tom

Not that i have ever tried this, but if your not tha bothered about ur pedals, then drill a whole in the middle of the end of your pedal thread, then get a blot and a decent sized washer, then bolt it on, not sure if it will work, so review before you try! (Y)

I doubt that would work to be onist as there is so much pressure being put on the pedal it would probbaly rip or snap the bolt.

Edited by Gears

You could drill a hole from the opposite side of the hole to the side the pedal is on big enough to firmly fit a steel nut that has the right thread for the pedal and araldite that in... you could even file the nut till it is round and fits more snugly in the hole...

IPB Image

Edited by andyroo

I doubt that would work to be onist as there is so much pressure being put on the pedal it would probbaly rip or snap the bolt.

It was just a thought from the top of my head, didn't really think it through, but if he is planning on getting a new crank in the near future, then that would be the way forward, it would last a fair while i spose (Y)

But where can you get one in crank-pedal-thread size from?

Speak to your local bike shop. Some of them do them and if they are good enough they will have contacts with companies who can supply them. I know Aire Valley have have do them but thats a long long way from yourself

Edited by fruitbat