Ask A 23 Year Old American Anything

AndyT

will you be eating pot noodles when you visit England? now you've got a better idea of what they are.

ah...we have the same shit, tons of it..really cheap noodles, yeah I've had some of those at 4 am with a beer after staying up all night :)

would you like to buy an oakley watch from me (originally from orlando) ? :P

you could probably get one on the internets?

Did you know we pay 3 times as much as you for petrol, but when you had that little up in the price (about 10 cents while I was in Floriday) you all went mental, do you feel bad for us English people having to pay over $1.50 a litre, when you only pay like $1 a gallon?

Do you know how huge this country is? If you start driving now, how far can you be in 13 hours? I will still be in my same state...and there are 50 states. I pay close to 3 dollars a gallon for 91 octane. Normal drives for me are 30 minutes to 3 hours. Most cars around here get 14-16 miles to a gallon (3.7 miles to a litre), which is absolutely horrible. Now imagine an average daily drive is 100-120 miles. If you have to drive to work, etc., you are filling up your SUV twice a week at the very least- which is around $120 a week...around $500 a month. It adds up. We also don't have any trains, buses or any form of public transportation. No diesel cars (which get 30-50 mpg), tons of huge slow 12 mpg SUVs. How much do you spend on gas a week? How much would you pay for 91 octane (which is the highest grade I can buy)?

1 gallon = 3.8 litres.

we may pay 3 times as much but they have to fill there cars again everytime they drive to the bottom of there driveway. :P

V8s ***

basically.

1st car a 1.0 fiesta

there 1st car a mangled but still 5.8 chevy.rear wheel drive madness.

haha...not quite, but pretty much. My first car was a 5.4 litre chevy :) Most people do want a v6 or v8 at least, but I've had a 4 cylinder for 5 years now which I love...I also owned a motorcycle which got great #s

Are you circumcised?

yes.

How much do you spend on gas a week? How much would you pay for 91 octane (which is the highest grade I can buy)?

1 gallon = 3.8 litres.

I spend about £50 a week on petrol. That's 95 octane unleaded and it's about 85p a litre. We can also get 97 octane, but it's more expensive, and most cars are setup to run on 95.

1 gallon over here is 4.75 litres (20 floz in an english pint, 16 in an american one)

How many states have you been to?

Jon

no

Question : DO you know who robbie williams is?

Jon, My dads clio sport is setup to run on RON 98, and thats a cheap hot hatch, everything above is the same, they build engines around fuel's nowadays

Lower Octane fuel burns more quickly so needs less advance on the ignition timing when tuning.

Question: Which colour fruit pastille do you like the most?

I spend about £50 a week on petrol. That's 95 octane unleaded and it's about 85p a litre. We can also get 97 octane, but it's more expensive, and most cars are setup to run on 95.

1 gallon over here is 4.75 litres (20 floz in an english pint, 16 in an american one)

How many states have you been to?

Jon

States....I don't really know, probably around 20 ish.

Do you like motor racing and what did you think of the american grand prix this year.

Sorry if it's already been asked.

Not very interested in it , sorry :(

no

Question : DO you know who robbie williams is?

Jon, My dads clio sport is setup to run on RON 98, and thats a cheap hot hatch, everything above is the same, they build engines around fuel's nowadays

Yes I know who robbie williams is.

91 octane is the highest I can buy!!! You can go to special spots that have "race gas" which is 104 octane or 110 octane, but only a few places have it (1 in 10,000 gas stores) and it is very expensive....

Lower Octane fuel burns more quickly so needs less advance on the ignition timing when tuning.

Question: Which colour fruit pastille do you like the most?

I just like all of the ones that are covered in sugar and "crispy"ish, not the gummy ones :) Send me more :o

I think they don't have fruit pastelles over tet pond. >_<

Yeah but they are my favorite candy, 3-5 years ago I got some from jon :)

2 questions:

Do they still sell Jolly Ranchers over there?

What's your favorite alcoholic drink? And non alcoholic?

Jolly ranchers are everywhere here :)

Favorite alcoholic drink = dirty martini. Non alcoholic = water.

Would it be worth bringing my bike to breckenridge in February or will it be too snowed up?

Do you live near Breckenridge/Vail?(There in Colorado)

How do you pronounce mirror?

Mirror or Meeeyr

Mirror.

I live 2-3 hours from breckenridge/vail.

Eh....february, it will be covered in snow- bring your snowboard!! You can ride down in denver where you probably get off the plane though.

Im going insane on the circumcision front but has your girlfriend ever seen a non circumcised penis?

rofl I'm sure everyone has in pictures, I'm not sure about in real life.

what's in a dirty martini, apart from martini ?

and

do american watermelons taste like watermelon flavour jolly ranchers?

dirti martini has olive juice in it, making it look dirty......i take mine with gin.

watermelons are amazing and taste alot better than jolly ranchers

Is it true you have to go on a drugs rehabilation course if you get caught smoking pot? When we were in amsterdam we met this texan in barneys coffeshop and aparently texas is pretty slack on there laws but id expect that from texas

nah of course not...in my city you can have up to an ounce of weed on you legally!!

texas is INSANE- the rules there are rediculous, and they might make you take a course if you have weed on you....f**k texas.