George Best Just Died

Dr. Nick Riviera

He did bring it on himseld but thats still no reason to disrespect the dead (Y)

RIP

Yes it is, does anyone respect my dead dog billy, he loved me, he always slept on my bed, I always had to take him for a walk, feed him etc.. as he wouldnt let anyone else. Hes even buired in the garden.

Edited by Michael Hardman

The man never hurt anyone, how can you say your glad he's dead. It's not like he's some convict who attacked and killed people. All he did was drink too much. He didn't hurt anyone.

Apart from beating his wife? He hurt her...

What about losing his licence due to driving under the influence? He could have killed anyone eles on the roads around him that night.

I'm gutted i have to respect a min silence before kick off tomorrow

RIP Mr Best. Pity to loose such a great talent.

Anyone watch the hour long special on him about 7? that was quality football non of this roll on the floor crying shit.

Respect to a true professional

Think I saw some of that whilst at the gym, I agree though that was proper football and its so much better to watch then the modern game, especially the premiership imo.

With regards to George Best, he was one of the great footballers, I know everyone with some talent is called a genius and stuff when they die, but he was in a class of his own hence all the hype now he is gone.

I agree that the liver was wasted on him, but he paid taxes the same as anyone else so he was entitled to treatment, I dont agree with him que jumping or any of that though and to be honest if someone i knew needed a liver at the time id be a bit pissed off!

hmm this was discussed between a few of us at collage in a free period today and i was apauled at some peoples reactions to it, like ' he deserved to die'

how can people really think that, there are very few people in the world that i would say 'deserve to die' rapists and child molesters being the first two that come to mind.

George best however was none of these things and he certainly did not ' deserve' to die.

He was one of the worlds greatest footballers which although may not mean a whole lot to you people( or me for that matter as im not a big football fan) but does to a lot of people in this country ireland and the rest of the world

basically put it this way, if some you admired died would you think he deserved it? if one of your parents developed a drink problem of even one of your friends and died from it would you still be happy to say they deserved it or that thank f*ck hes gone. imagine how his family feel and put yourself in there position. and before people say 'well fair dos but why put it on the news?' Its because george best its to many people a hero and a legend in footballing terms and least he had talent unlike most of the chav celebraties that fill the media these days.

you may not like him or hate the fact he drank even after a tranplant (which i myself think is disgraceful too)

but he doesnt deserve to die.

at the end of the day, nobody deserves to die, but the man was still a disgrace....

ive not read the whole thread, and i dont know a lot about the man

but if he got given a new liver, and a new chance of life, and he threw that away, then f**k HIM. i couldnt care less.... i have NO RESPECT whatsoever for someone whos given a 2nd chance to live like that, and throws it away. when at the same time, there was probably someone else sat in a hospital bed needing a new liver for perfectly legitimate reasons....

who cares if he was good at football? thats in the past, LONG in the past....

the man wasted his life, and had nothing to show for it in the end, other than a far gone glory which he personally destroyed....

who

really

cares

this time tomorow you will all have forgotten about it!

x2 (Y)

He seemed to largely be a complete cock, and to me how good someone was 40 years ago in the ridiculously fickle world of football doesn't mean shit to me, in the same way that the person who was denied that liver wouldn't be saved by basking in George Best's footballing brilliance.

Man, that made f**k all sense. Stupid tired.

So what if he was a great footballer, what has he contributed to the world, probably not much.

A worthwiid job is something like a policeman/women, teacher, doctor, someone that does something that contributes to the progression of society.

Lawyer area joke they have to defent someone they know is guitly and get paid for it, thats not justice thats just their egos saying ummm money for nothing.

To the people who think its all fair etc, crap.

6 months ago I probably would have said RIP etc and gone along with it. But in summer my dad died from heart attack out of the blue. He played football twice a week, was 46, didnt smoke, ate very well and only drank a normal ammount. He was actually in the gym when it happened. He didnt get a chance, that was it. He had a heart attack and then I didnt have a dad anymore.

To think he had the cheek to deprive someone else of a second chance, so he could have a few more years of drinking etc makes me ill.

Thank f**k he's finally dead. I'm sick of hearing about him. Not only did he waste his own liver he also wasted someone else's.

I agree just about.

I can't believe he's wasted the only chance he had of living for another so many years, by drinkign it away again.