George Best Just Died

Dr. Nick Riviera

RIP dude, great footballer!

Its a shame he couldn't sort his problems out despite the help and warnings he had, because there are many others that won't have his 'support network' and probably could have sorted themselves out if given the chance..

edit: spelling!!

Edited by leedstrials

I was goin to reply to this saying I know exactly how it feels to loose someone like this, and how sympathetic I am, but im not.

While undoubtedly a great footballer and personality, he was warned about the health risks of what he was doing, how it was effecting him and how he would end. He ignored them all. Seems very unfair that he actually had a chance to do something about his problem, and didnt. Dont have an ounce of sympathy im afraid.

I was goin to reply to this saying I know exactly how it feels to loose someone like this, and how sympathetic I am, but im not.

While undoubtedly a great footballer and personality, he was warned about the health risks of what he was doing, how it was effecting him and how he would end. He ignored them all. Seems very unfair that he actually had a chance to do something about his problem, and didnt. Dont have an ounce of sympathy im afraid.

Same.

Had a chance others would never had had and he blew it R.I.P anyway

Thank f**k he's finally dead. I'm sick of hearing about him. Not only did he waste his own liver he also wasted someone else's.

I'm totally gutted Mr Miyagi is dead though. I watched the first 3 karate kid films last week. I had the urge to watch them in the last few months and now this has happened. I'm gutted.

Thank f**k he's finally dead. I'm sick of hearing about him. Not only did he waste his own liver he also wasted someone else's.

I'm totally gutted Mr Miyagi is dead though. I watched the first 3 karate kid films last week. I had the urge to watch them in the last few months and now this has happened. I'm gutted.

lmao.. f**kin quality :P

he could have had mr myagi's liver if he was quicker!!

Damn straight. Don't really give much of a shit about football, and give even less of a shit about someone who used to be good at it.

It's funny how whenever a player is hurt/retires/dies, they're always "The best <insert player's position> this country has ever seen" or "A true genius". Every one of the accolades given about George Best has been used about people like Wayne Rooney, and he's just some immature, pan-faced wanker.

But anyway, it just pisses me off that they wasted their time helping him, and denied someone else the chance of a liver so they could live on and enjoy life instead of being a tool and drinking themselves to death again.

damn right!

The man never hurt anyone, how can you say your glad he's dead. It's not like he's some convict who attacked and killed people. All he did was drink too much. He didn't hurt anyone.

I guess it's just that he used his fame to 'jump the queue' of people waiting for transplants, then cried on the news about how he'd never drink again, then drank himself to death. So that liver (not something that's easily obtainable (Y)) could've gone to someone who would actually have lived their life fully. I know you could also say "But they might've mowed down a family of 382 on the way home from the hospital" or whatever, but y'know...

Not many people were related to him or personally knew him so why is it on all the news channels why should they give a shit? Celebrities piss me off especially the ones that think they are all high and mighty becaus they are in the press. But he was a damn good footballer.

Edited by ZeroMatt

Hes comitted a crime, its caled, aking a organ thatcould ahve been used to save someone elses live that wanted live.

When did that become a crime?

On one occasssion he drove drunk then assaulted a police officer. That's the only thing. No-one deserves to die unless they have committed a real crime that has destroyed another person emotionally or physically.