First Cars

Ingram

I have a Daihatsu Hijet

Its just like those little bedford vans that look like a loaf of bread, except with 7 seats.

Its only 1000cc and wont win any speed or handling tests (infact the fall over if you go too fast lol) but its practical and fuel efficient.

Shame the head gasket went in mine after 6 days and ruined the engin (Y)

I REALLY want a volvo now, I got converted after getting 5 people and 5 bikes into one (Y)

oi whats wrong with corsa's

i got a 1.2 ls and its alright.

i think they look the mut nuts when they are done up tastefully.

your just jelous you you all want a corsa.

purple ones for the win.

simon

no, really, we aint jelous.... my misses has the old style corsa, and its a FOUL little car, i really hate it with a passion! the new one of the last 4-5 years seems to be ok though.... although the 3pot is still rough and nasty! 1.4 sxi appears to be alright though....

your 18.... pass plus aint gona help you matey.... unless your loaded.... it will make it cheaper, but insurance for an 18yr old in your own name on a 1.6 will be a joke!

a 1.6 16v vectra isnt that qucik really, get a small car with a smaller engine and it will still feel nippy!

My mate lost 800quid off his insurance for a 1.2 corsa and hes 17.

not to shabby.

your 18.... pass plus aint gona help you matey.... unless your loaded.... it will make it cheaper, but insurance for an 18yr old in your own name on a 1.6 will be a joke!

a 1.6 16v vectra isnt that qucik really, get a small car with a smaller engine and it will still feel nippy!

If that doesn't make much difference then i have 1 years no claims for a motorcycle if that helps?

first car was a 1.1L renault 5 campus. great little run around. certainly did me proud! got 4 bikes in that car, although i could only take me and one passenger with them. haha.

After a years no-claims, i'm now able to insure myself on my R reg ford mondeo 1.8 16v zetec. its not particularly quick, but better than a 1L saxo or somthing similar :D

guys.... you dont get what im saying....

my insurance halfed in my first year from 1000 to 500 with pass plus.... but the fac that your trying to insure a 1.6 means its still going to be MEGA high anyway, i dont know if motorbike no claims count or not.... anyone else in the know? :D

guys.... you dont get what im saying....

my insurance halfed in my first year from 1000 to 500 with pass plus.... but the fac that your trying to insure a 1.6 means its still going to be MEGA high anyway, i dont know if motorbike no claims count or not.... anyone else in the know? :D

Unfortunately No claims are non transferable from bike to car. Already tried that as I have 3 yrs NCB on the motorbike, but they said it doesnt count.

It does bring it down slightly if you say you own a motorbike, but not a lot.

oi whats wrong with corsa's

i got a 1.2 ls and its alright.

i think they look the mut nuts when they are done up tastefully.

your just jelous you you all want a corsa.

purple ones for the win.

simon

lmao! (Y) terrible cars. handle like shite, slow as you like (1.2 develops 44bhp if i remember correctly) engine is un-refined and rough (im referring to the old corsa B's, modern 1.2's and SXI seem better)

I thought your brother had a blazin chav nova with 'roy bacer' and shit like that plastered all over it?

Or is that another brother who is kept secret?

Chavs have saxos and 106's, that are all kitted out with crappy lexus lights and HUGE wheels, and don't forget the spoilers that make them look like a shopping trolley. Plus, they never ever do engine mods because they can't affored insurance. Oh and they have massive subs in their cars that wiegh about 5 stone and make the car slow as shit. Which he dosnt have lexus lights, big massive wheels, a huge spoiler or any subs in his car. From that i dont think he is a chav.