Sponsership

monkey gav

Ah well, 20% warn now. 10% for swearing, and 10% for being so mean to me (Y)

Anyway, for sponsorship - just keep going out and riding, improve yourself, then try and edit together a video that you think shows your riding in it's best light. Then, mailshot :D

I sponsered my self...did it through my shop/work it's all good. There are laods of differnt types of it. Had to try and expline to some muppet on msn thats he's not sponsered by Hope, never will and nor they do it for trials directly. Muppet

In all firaness being les sof a ''twat'' and mouthey will earn you browny points

Edited by random

Hi there,the way to get sponsered is to make a really good video and get it well edited.And send it to some bike shops asking if they could sponsor you.E.G secndlayerclothing,interactclothing ect.But it isn`t the end of the world if you don`t get sponsord just keep doing your best and constantly pushing your limits.

Thanks

Deonn.

if you go down the video rout, its no good just making the one, showing it to the company, then not making anymore..... You need to persuade them that you will get their company/product known to other people.

Making lots of vids is a good way, it worked for Craig and Neil. But their vids are really well know for their riding, its no good trying to get sponsorship with crappy vids.

Another way is to enter comps and get some good results, companies are much more likley to sponsor a good rider who sometimes gets media coverage in mags due to comp results.

You also have to be really well behaved, no company would want to sponsor a dick, you need to act right, say the right things and so on.

To be honest though, unless your an amazing rider for your age, I wouldnt hold your breath about getting a decent sponsor, everyone wants it, but only a few get and deserve it.

I don't think you have to be 16 years old or older to be sponcered my mate could have been sponcered by toxin but he couldn't afford the frame so he's going to leave it for a bit i think.

Just get some good clip's and good editing and send them to trials shops like said before >_<

rickyb

I don't think you have to be 16 years old or older to be sponcered my mate could have been sponcered by toxin but he couldn't afford the frame so he's going to leave it for a bit i think.

Just get some good clip's and good editing and send them to trials shops like said before :blink:

rickyb

Highlighting the difference between a 'sponsor' and a good sponsor there >_< Lots of riders are getting 'sponsored' now simply for stuff like grips or brake pads. I guess that's not a bad thing, but it sorta leads people into having weird ideas about why they ride and so on...

Highlighting the difference between a 'sponsor' and a good sponsor there >_< Lots of riders are getting 'sponsored' now simply for stuff like grips or brake pads. I guess that's not a bad thing, but it sorta leads people into having weird ideas about why they ride and so on...

Ive noticed that.

Its not really what i would call sponsorship. Id rather ride and be happy using quality parts than have a "sponsor" for possibly an inferior part.

It's not so much that. I go through grips all the time, so I guess it might help me, but it's just that it's not sponsorship really. It's just giving away a really, really cheap part just so people will spread the word about the company on here. People are getting too "into" being sponsored, and so some people are just bare-faced lying on here to keep their "Sponsors" happy (to keep getting grips 'n' pads :blink:). Not naming any names, but if I needed to I could give you a list of people this applies to...

Anyways, it just seems that people are reverting back to the idea of riding to be sponsored as opposed to riding to have fun. Not to mention that people just keep wanting more for less, too (Y)

I dunno. Maybe I'm just pissed about having to watch a trillion URL's at the start and end and middle of every new video out now >_<

hey guys all im after is grips and small game stuff i will have a video on the way but cant use that sh$t windows thing (check my other post) my local bike shop is shizer and there is nowhere to get sponsered by near where i live.

(towler 2 whole days at school in a row) (Y)

Gav