Skatepark

boon racoon

gotta be the US.

its cos bmx/skating is regarded as a full on sport over there isn't it, not just some yobs trashing stuff.

the UK is so shit at stuff like this, you should see my local 'skatepark' i could of built better using the plastic ramps that argos sells. Infact i think i built a better park out of cardboard for my fingerboard.

If i lived near that park, i'd take a tent with me and just live there.

woops! it didn't load the rest of the page the first time, its actually in China?!, thats horendiously immense, check out that bowl with the two semi-circle things!

Edited by RicH_87

gotta be the US.

it's in china..

DMC summed up the place perfectly with the following quote:

"I laughed the first time I saw the new park in Shanghai. It's a bike rider's dream come true, complete with granite coping. The park is unbelievable. Almost as unbelievable as the fact that taxpaying BMXers in America are getting fined for sessioning 'public' parks while communist China allows motorcycles in its 12-million-dollar playland."
Edited by the boon

the UK is so shit at stuff like this, you should see my local 'skatepark' i could of built better using the plastic ramps that argos sells. Infact i think i built a better park out of cardboard for my fingerboard.

:P bagsy mines worse then yours!!! weve got a fun box, 2 huge flatbanks, and 2 small flatbanks, which are about as steep as a foward slash!!!

i wish we had a properly funded uk project to generate mass amounts of decent self sufficiant skate parks, such as 5 quid for aslong as you want, providing helmets and a brake are there. i mean, 5 quid , 30 skaters thats 150 quid!! enough to pay the door mans wages for a week :)

Tom

Edited by Tom Booth

:) bagsy mines worse then yours!!! weve got a fun box, 2 huge flatbanks, and 2 small flatbanks, which are about as steep as a foward slash!!!

i wish we had a properly funded uk project to generate mass amounts of decent self sufficiant skate parks, such as 5 quid for aslong as you want, providing helmets and a brake are there. i mean, 5 quid , 30 skaters thats 150 quid!! enough to pay the door mans wages for a week :P

Tom

We had a roll in, a 3 foot fun box, installed the wrong way round, and a 3 foot quarter. They took it down a month later. :P Pwned

That park looks mental! How many full pipes/hemispheres? :P :P :P

That is rather nice!!

I wish this country would wake up to the idea of proper parks! We spent 2 years lobying our local council to build a park/bmx track on some disused council land where i lived, we got plans, quotes, everything, and eventually they just turned round and went - no, it would be too unsafe! If you fall off you would sue us, or some rubbish :D . We tried saying just stick up a disclaimer sign or whatever but they werent having any of it!

They were the first to compain if i was riding on some benches though!

:D bagsy mines worse then yours!!! weve got a fun box, 2 huge flatbanks, and 2 small flatbanks, which are about as steep as a foward slash!!!

i wish we had a properly funded uk project to generate mass amounts of decent self sufficiant skate parks, such as 5 quid for aslong as you want, providing helmets and a brake are there. i mean, 5 quid , 30 skaters thats 150 quid!! enough to pay the door mans wages for a week :P

Tom

mines far worse than yours!!! its a roll-in straight to a mini ramp, a few rails and thats it!!!