Jeeeeeeeeeeez...

Mark W

The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

crash1.jpg

crash2.jpg

crash3.jpg

crash4.jpg

Yea, hilarious! 3 people dead, ha ha made my week, glad to see how sensitive you are to things like this.......... :P

Oh f**k off you boring b*****d, only having a laugh

Why would I be sensitive, didn't exactly know them did I.

I watch videos that have those sorts of incidents in so isn't really gonna bother me is it

Edited by merlin_rider

Quote :

" ...The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place..."

Christ , that's terrifying . It would be almost impossible to inflict worse damage deliberately . I expect neither rider nor occupants ever really knew what happened .

Kinda makes you think really.

Im a motorbiker and seeing these kind of things is quite scary. From the sounds of things he was being a twat by doing a very excessive speed in the wrong place (not that there is a right place to do it).

At that kind of speed, by the time you see something miles off in the distance, its upon you so fast you dont know what to do. By the time you think "oh dear theres a car there" you're already inside it.

Hopefully people will learn from this

Exactly the same thing happend to my dad, but at less than half the speed. He was doing at 60-65 on a 60 road, when a car just pulled straight out infront of him at a Tjunction (guy just didn't look propperly and see him). his bike hit the back doors of the car rather than the front and embedded it's self into the car in a similar fashion. Dad was thrown off the bike, and landed 75 foot away in someones garden. f**king lucky. Though on the downside his leg got ripped clean off :P and he broke prettymuch ever major bone in his body.

Risky Machines... but then again so are cars!

Do you find Dj's death funny then? I can't see how innocent people dying is funny? It's just a little bit insensitive despite whether you know them or not. I don't want to pick a fight just make a point. That is one crazy crazy crash :P

Edited by tipsy Jock

Exactly the same thing happend to my dad, but at less than half the speed. He was doing at 60-65 on a 60 road, when a car just pulled straight out infront of him at a Tjunction (guy just didn't look propperly and see him). his bike hit the back doors of the car rather than the front and embedded it's self into the car in a similar fashion. Dad was thrown off the bike, and landed 75 foot away in someones garden. f**king lucky. Though on the downside his leg got ripped clean off :P and he broke prettymuch ever major bone in his body.

Risky Machines... but then again so are cars!

S**t dude thats harsh!! Like you say they are risky machines, and can claim a lot of lives. I think thats why they need to be treated with more respect and maturity. Seeing some of these people going round on their scooters like complete d**ks, they dont understand what can and does happen. Then they pass their test and hop onto the biggest machine they can find. I think things like this are eye openers to a lot of people and they realise they are actually drivng a lethal weapon

Edited by NBRtrials.tk

Do you find Dj's death funny then? I can't see how innocent people dying is funny? It's just a little bit insensitive despite whether you know them or not. I don't want to pick a fight just make a point. That is one crazy crazy crash :P

Thank you, thats all i was trying to say, its amazing to see a crash like that, but definatly not funny.

same also happened to my dad he was doing bout 50mph but he hit te driver door and got throwen in to a wall and now has one led shorter than the other with a titanium rod, plate and 6 screws in his left leg the doctors reacon he broke his le in over 30 places :P

Yea, hilarious! 3 people dead, ha ha made my week, glad to see how sensitive you are to things like this.......... :P

I bet the fire brigade made a joke about it. If every body took everything to heart then they'd all be emo puffs (well you know what i mean, no offense emos).

But yeah you can't help but feel a bit bad for the innocent people in the car, however hilarious the pics are.

I bet the fire brigade made a joke about it. If every body took everything to heart then they'd all be emo puffs (well you know what i mean, no offense emos).

How do we live with knowing death will take it's toll on us all. That's right, we have to joke about it. Some people are afraid of dying and will not joke about it, the above people, but others will try to see a funnier side of it to see the lighter side of death, my grandad was like this, having many heart attacks and saying "They'll get me eventually" Bar far one of the funniest men I knew/know. And I know rather than everyone being upset at his funeral he would of rather them be happy, and celebrate his life. Obviously it's extremely difficult to be happy when someone close to you dies and it's never a nice feeling, but afterwards it happened nevertheless.

I dunno what my point was really, but if you can't see the funny/happier side to situations then you can never truly be happy.

I expect to see alot of responses about DJ, especially to how was it funny/happy, well you could say it brought the trials community closer together, I know they do not equal in the whole scheme of things but it did do that good thing how ever insignificant in may be in comparison to the death of someone.

wow, fast.

I can't understand how they have removed the people from the car, they must of been completely mashed, so to get all the parts out without removing the bike must of been a long and entirely gross job. I also can't see how the rider could of ended up in there too. Also, i would of thought something would of exploded at that speed, but hey, guess not.

Wonder who's 'fault' it was too, sure the bike was obviously at full tilt, but did he/she have right of way?

anyway, good place to put it, would probably make the bike companies all around look like twats trying to sell their new bikes on 0-60 and top speed specs, with that right along side.

wow, fast.

I also can't see how the rider could of ended up in there too.

Also, i would of thought something would of exploded at that speed, but hey, guess not.

Wonder who's 'fault' it was too, sure the bike was obviously at full tilt, but did he/she have right of way?

Point 1: He would of been pretty much lying down so he didn't get ripped off the bike at such high speed.

Point 2: You've seen too many films :P

Point 3: Motorcyclists because he was going so fast, it was his carelessness that killed himself and 2 other people. If the driver looked didn't see anything that Mr Motorbike appears in the few seconds while he looks the other way and pulls out you can't say it has anything to do with the driver.