The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

yerp, most people would rather hang like a horse than be built like a shit ouse !

I'd sooner be built like a tank and just let my knob drop off, I don't see why roids are seen as such bad things, if people want to get big and they don't wanna wait they're gonna take something. Needless to say I've been on my training program for about 3-4 months now and I've not gotten a tiny bit bigger, it just makes me want to inject so bad (yes I know I'm only 17 with gay long hair blah blah) Infact the only difference I'm noticing is my muscle form/shape is changing but not getting bigger (except my lats they have got bigger).

Right off to college

Muel I still think your best bet is to find a routine off the internet, like on bodybuilding.com.

Just doing random exercises will do less for you than if you followed a renound routine such as rippetoes.

Go here and fill in your goals and stuff and it will bring up some decent workouts.

Muel I still think your best bet is to find a routine off the internet, like on bodybuilding.com.

Just doing random exercises will do less for you than if you followed a renound routine such as rippetoes.

Go here and fill in your goals and stuff and it will bring up some decent workouts.

Ta, much love.

zoo you've been training for 3-4 months and your thinking about steroids already?!

your 17 mate, read into it, learn the facts and if you still want a normal life dont use if your under 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and also train for a good 2-3 years(in your case 4years!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and when you've peaked or find yourself not happy with the progress then begin o consider alternatives.

i suggest you do your homework about using, and learn what you need to learn before diving into anything like a complete idiot, it will ruin your life!

I'd sooner be built like a tank and just let my knob drop off, I don't see why roids are seen as such bad things, if people want to get big and they don't wanna wait they're gonna take something. Needless to say I've been on my training program for about 3-4 months now and I've not gotten a tiny bit bigger, it just makes me want to inject so bad (yes I know I'm only 17 with gay long hair blah blah) Infact the only difference I'm noticing is my muscle form/shape is changing but not getting bigger (except my lats they have got bigger).

Right off to college

Have you read the effects ? Its really not worth doing IMO! Id just rather train harder, and be able to say ... yer i did it all naturaly !

Can somebody quickly explain the point in Weight Training yourself to look massive?

Is it for personal satisfaction, to get girls, make up for something your lacking, confidence? I'm just a bit baffled to why guys do it and any explanation would be appreiated.

(I obviously understand some people train to get fitter, lose weight an tone up but I can't see the logic behind just bodybuilding yourself to look a V with stupid size arms.)

its addictive like everything else, you get a tattoo you want another you have a fag today you'll have 20 tomorrow.

its all a mental thing and its never enough and its a goal! its great, and everyone who gets serious about lifting, will always want to be bigger.

iron love baby!

ive never met anybody who said he trained to get girls. confidence wise, maybe but addiction and mental attitude is the main reason why people train to get bigger.

Makes you feel so satisfied when you get results, and also you generally feel better, like have more energy and stuff.

It also helps me to sleep better, so I wake up in a much better mood.

So yeh, personal satisfaction, feeling healthier, more confidence in your abilities, I could go on.

Is it only me that also wakes up the next day feeling like someone has comes along and cleaned your insides over night?

So you'll just carry on, trying to reach new goals? Pushing the limits an taking supplements that aren't healthy for you until your a size, that people look at you an think 'tosser'. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting fit, losing weight an toning up but I honestly can't see the addiction to making yourself massive. One of my best friends went from 12 stone to 18 stone of 'fake muscle' with stretch marks across his arms an chest (I'm sure the girls love that), I try asking him why he does it an he just ignores me. I don't get it.

So you'll just carry on, trying to reach new goals? Pushing the limits an taking supplements that aren't healthy for you until your a size, that people look at you an think 'tosser'. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting fit, losing weight an toning up but I honestly can't see the addiction to making yourself massive. One of my best friends went from 12 stone to 18 stone of 'fake muscle' with stretch marks across his arms an chest (I'm sure the girls love that), I try asking him why he does it an he just ignores me. I don't get it.

All valid points, but I don't want to be taking supplements and shit, I do want to get bigger, but not huge.

I don't actually want to get any bigger than the guy on the left, think it's Rowan.

boonrowanberridgemattjohns.jpg

Edited by Muel

going from 12 stone to 18 stone isn't too good really. obviously depending on your goal!

but most people will find they stay a similar weight but just lose fat and gain muscle.

it's completely addictive, although you really need to have enough rest as well because over training is bad for your muscles.

supplements are not 'bad' for your body. they are giving your muscles the protein that they need to rebuild and get bigger after you break them down at the gym. protein you don't necessarily get from your everyday diet.

steroids are bad.. end of. although i can understand why people take them. you will eventually reach your peak where you simply cannot get any bigger and cannot lift any more, your body just doesnt have the stuff to fuel them. which is why you see such a difference between natural bodybuilders and roid rage monsters!! haha

its all fun though and all part of a healthy lifestyle, whilst building your confidence and looking good.

but also people do it for sports specific reasons. i do it for rugby/rowing for example, a lot of people will find that their trials will improve greatly after weight training for a length of time.

anyways, each to their own, if you don't like it then don't do it. :)

and to the guys saying they can't lift much. eat plenty of good stuff, drink plenty of water. keep going to the gym and don't train the same body part more than once a week. train each major part really hard. chest/biceps... legs.... shoulders/traps......back/triceps.... that way you will be able to maximise the weight and also recovery time for each part.

stick at it and don't give up. stick to 3 sets of about 8. and if you complete all the sets then next time up the weight by 2.5kg... that way you are always progressing.. write down what you lift when you do it and then you can visually see your progress.

cheers

dan

Steriods are the way forward ..... if you want to be a tank house :)

how are they :S

Effects: Reports indicate that use of anabolic steroids produces increases in lean muscle mass, strength, and ability to train longer and harder. Many health hazards of short-term effects are reversible. The major effects of anabolic steroid use include liver tumors, jaundice, fluid retention, and high blood pressure. Additional side effects include the following: for men shrinking of the testicles, reduced sperm count, infertility, baldness, development of breasts; for women growth of facial hair, changes in or cessation of the menstrual cycle, deepened voice; for adolescents growth halted prematurely through premature skeletal maturation and accelerated puberty changes. Researchers report that users may suffer from paranoid jealousy, extreme irritability, delusions, and impaired judgment stemming from feelings of invincibility.

Have fun is all that I can say! Ive looked into it all before, I wanted to be big fast! But id rather not increase chances of tumors and infertility :S

Google, Doug Miller he has be proven to have NEVER ever taken any enhancements (thats spelt wrong :P)

yeh but hes tiny, Look at people like cutler and coleman and you ll see what roids do.

Personally i think thoses guys are way too big but to get huge you NEED steroids.

Oh and btw steroids make your balls smaller not your cock ( apparently)

PS google serge nubret, hes natural (and oldschool) but has awesome physique