Photo's From Boston Ride. Wally, Todge And Sam

Joe Papasnap Maher

Right today...i had the pleasure to take my dads lovely d100 out and have a play as opposed to my normal canon ixus 40.

what can i say its a beast. took 428 pics...and in general got about 50 half decent ones. but its digital, costs nothing to snap.

Riders are wally (chris wallford) , todge (arron roger) and sam holmes.

I rode for about 10 mins the whole day...as i was having far more fun doing what i love doing most :D taking pictures :)

Hope you like the few iv decided to show you :)

1) todge in the gloomy surroundings.

gallery_225_5_49928.jpg

2)sam on rail ( out of focus (Y) :) )

med_gallery_225_5_17759.jpg

3)arron on the rail

med_gallery_225_5_37424.jpg

4)sam landing what he does best...sidehop :P

med_gallery_225_5_71778.jpg

5)wally looking like a chav doing a gap :deej:

gallery_225_5_65387.jpg

6)Sam looking gay

med_gallery_225_5_108047.jpg

7)Beasty xup with glloy feel

med_gallery_225_5_110859.jpg

8)blunt to xup no flash

med_gallery_225_5_52352.jpg

9)blunt to xup with flash

med_gallery_225_5_60222.jpg

10)sam with huge gap (which cant be seen :D )

med_gallery_225_5_90394.jpg

11)wally with overdone drop

med_gallery_225_5_108907.jpg

12)sam with a sweet sidehop

med_gallery_225_5_84302.jpg

Right, thats all for now....

but i would like to say sumthing, oh my god..The quality of these pics is done no justice by trials forum uploader :D

Enjoy :D

Not bad wee laddy.

But your dad desperatly needs to clean his sensor!!!

Look at the first pic, loads lof little black dots in the sky and noticeable in other pictures.

Tell your dad, he'll know what to do, it's just dust that gathers on it when changing lenses.

But yeh nice pics ted, some a bit outta focus though.

It's all good!

Rob (Y)

I think one or two are out of focus, but heavy compression makes it look much worse!

Well spotted on the dust Rob, hadn't spotted that at all.

Otherwise pretty good. Are they cropped at all? there's a lot of missed edges of wheels and so on...

Perhaps we should organise a photographers ride one day? Only problem is we'd all be taking pictures, and no-one would be riding! (Y))

I think one or two are out of focus, but heavy compression makes it look much worse!

Well spotted on the dust Rob, hadn't spotted that at all.

Otherwise pretty good. Are they cropped at all? there's a lot of missed edges of wheels and so on...

Perhaps we should organise a photographers ride one day? Only problem is we'd all be taking pictures, and no-one would be riding! B))

erm...a few are croped, but if they are , it wasnt alot.

coming back and looking at the pics in this thread....the qulity if aweful (Y) sort it out tom and danny lol.

chris that sounds like a wicked plan B), have to sort summin out some time B)

Perhaps we should organise a photographers ride one day? Only problem is we'd all be taking pictures, and no-one would be riding! B))

Thats the best idea i've heard of all year!!!!!!

Maybe after xmas sometime at a good riding place like Bristol, organise it early so we can get together alot of riders. That would be wicked!

Where abouts do you live again Chris?

Rob (Y) B)

some nice pictures there but it's almost annoying, they are so close to being really great. The ones with the sunsets could of been so sweet and on some the contrast seems too high. Love the x-up blunt one though, amazing how much difference a flash makes to the atmoshpehe of a pic.

Maybe we could have a winter photo comp, seeing as there was no video comp this year, i'd be well up for it.

Keep em coming, love photos. (Y)

Oh and what bike you ride nowadays?

some nice pictures there but it's almost annoying, they are so close to being really great. The ones with the sunsets could of been so sweet and on some the contrast seems too high. Love the x-up blunt one though, amazing how much difference a flash makes to the atmoshpehe of a pic.

Maybe we could have a winter photo comp, seeing as there was no video comp this year, i'd be well up for it.

Keep em coming, love photos. (Y)

Oh and what bike you ride nowadays?

cheers boss, as i say was 1st time out with cam, was just pissing about...

erm, bike, xtp still got it B)

I look like a right chav mush on those pics. B) Never wearing that hat again, it kept falling off.

Boothy- If your out on Sunday i would love to ride there again, and im sure Joe and Sam would. (Y)

Edited by wally

A photographer's ride would be a bit pointless in itself, but it's a good way for riders to get some good snaps of themselves, and also for a few of us keen photo lads to get around and talk f-stops, iso and noise to our hearts content.

I'm up in Sheffield, but have car, will travel - to an extent!

Photo contest? All up for that! How do we organise it?