Shopping In London

aust

right.... as you all know, christmas is coming (weyhey!). And for my girlfriends present im gonna give her some money and then take her shopping in london shortly after christmas... what train sation is the best to go to ???. i wanna get my ass to by the london eye wheely thingy. and have some good shops for her to look in ??

sorry about this but i actually know f**k ALL!!! about london

Edited by aust

Taking the g/f shopping (Y) thats probably gonna be an expensive one! (Y)

But anyways:

Waterlooo station is right next to the London Eye!

I dont think Waterloo is *that close* to many of the shopping streets though, whenever I have rode London I go into waterloo then to all the usual riding spots and have never seen any massive streets full of shops...

Im sure one of the London locals can help you whenever they see this, like other people have said if you just get a return to London Waterloo including a days tube pass (Which should only cost you a few quid extra) you have the freedom to go anywhere in London on the tubes!

For clothes + girly shopping; Wander around covent garden, South Kensington and Knightsbridge.

Specifics;

*TOPSHOP and h&m for cheap funky stuff (oxford circus)

(from there you can walk down towards liberty's and u come to carnaby street: and newburgh st (runs parallel to carnaby) with MUJI, miss sixty/energie, MAC, diesel, pepe, Bond etc

*Harvey Nics (Knightsbride)

*Harrods of course , just to get a feel of what everyone always talks about (Knightsbridge) (Y)

*SLOANE STREET and BOND STREET (new bond) if you want DESIGNER (if your feeling RICH $$$$$$$ boyo!)

* WAREHOUSE, OASIS and RIVER ISLAND are all on Oxford Street + Kings Road (oxford circus)

* Selfridges (Bond Street)

Your best bet is to come into kingsX (best connected) then go straight down the steps into the underground, buy a day ticket each (£3.30 off the top of my head), then get onto the Circle or Picadilly lines, either will take you to shops. (Embankment if you want the river, Waterloo for the london eye etc). Oh yeah, and avoid taking cabs.

If you need some places for food I can think of some.

Off the top of my head that would be MORE than a full day. Basically just go to the stations mentioned, wander around... if you don't know london at all TAKE A MAP or you won't find your way to the next tube station so easily (Y)

Yeah, Camden's good. You might be able to get a ticket to London with a Travelcard included. Still, you'll probably find most (if not similar) shops in Brum. Visit thetube.com for Tube info, but yeah, Oxford Circus/Tottenham Court Rd for shopping and Waterloo for the Southbank and London Eye. You could take a romantic evening walk along the Thames and then for dinner in Covent Garden...

Yeah, Camden's good. You might be able to get a ticket to London with a Travelcard included. Still, you'll probably find most (if not similar) shops in Brum. Visit thetube.com for Tube info, but yeah, Oxford Circus/Tottenham Court Rd for shopping and Waterloo for the Southbank and London Eye. You could take a romantic evening walk along the Thames and then for dinner in Covent Garden...

on a dead body that you see floating in the river, as thats all you will be able to afford by the end of the day.

come to swindon, we got 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! greggs

Three? That's lame. We've got far more than that. Although the best one I ever went to was in Sheffield, and they had this cake I've never seen since. Was the only good thing about that ride to be honest...

Yeah, being realistic I would have thought that two Birmingham to London returns alone would drain a jobless 16 year old's bank account, let alone a shopping spree in Oxford Street...

It's funny, the Greggs in Castle Street, Liverpool lists the following two items...

Meat and Potato Pie 85p

Potato and Meat Pie 85p

What is the difference? If they have differing potato:meat ratios, why aren't they more descriptive? It's just too confusing. In fact, tomorrow I'm going to ask. Or maybe I'll buy one of each...

Three? That's lame. We've got far more than that. Although the best one I ever went to was in Sheffield, and they had this cake I've never seen since. Was the only good thing about that ride to be honest...

Yeah, being realistic I would have thought that two Birmingham to London returns alone would drain a jobless 16 year old's bank account, let alone a shopping spree in Oxford Street...

i got a job thanks.... i work on the trains.... 5 quid an hour (Y).. i didnt ask for an occupation check thanks... or a bank balance check... i just wanted to know where i should go to take the mrs shopping for christmas....

christ... you really do try to turn everything i say into an argument... please leave it out for once...

Edited by aust

This will be the first christmas I havent had to buy a present for a girl for 3 years! I hope I havent gone and Jinxed myself by saying that! Girlie shopping sucks, better to go with them and get her to choose something from ann summers! (Y) eye-candy for you, present for her = Jobs a good un' :)

i got a job thanks.... i work on the trains.... 5 quid an hour (Y).. i didnt ask for an occupation check thanks... or a bank balance check... i just wanted to know where i should go to take the mrs shopping for christmas....

christ... you really do try to turn everything i say into an argument... please leave it out for once...

I did leave it out, check my first post. Blame James Porter... I do. I'm more interested in where to get that custard and cream slice I last saw in Sheffield.

This will be the first christmas I havent had to buy a present for a girl for 3 years! I hope I havent gone and Jinxed myself by saying that! Girlie shopping sucks, better to go with them and get her to choose something from ann summers! :) eye-candy for you, present for her = Jobs a good un' :deej:

I was banned from giving money/vouchers for my lady's 21st (this Tuesday coming) - but it's good because I had to shop for presents on my own, which is hassle free and takes a fraction of the time.

I did leave it out, check my first post. Blame James Porter[/i]... I do. I'm more interested in where to get that custard and cream slice I last saw in Sheffield.

I was banned from giving money/vouchers for my lady's 21st (this Tuesday coming) - but it's good because I had to shop for presents on my own, which is hassle free and takes a fraction of the time.

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt

you are pretty trampy though aust bahahahahah (Y)