Two Videos, One Natural One Street. Tv.isg.si Sever

ben_travis

Right, As topic title says, two new videos from myself.

Will be very interested to hear the views of you guys, First point i must make, is that you will require quicktime 7+ to view these (H264 compression) This can be found here.......

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone.html

Make sure you have this before viewing the video.

Anyway, my second and third video (after being sponsored) are filled with most up-to-date footage, i really hope you enjoy them. Most things in the video's are nw and havent been done by myself in other video's so im hoping you like them. I have been practising new techniques for things so this is sort of a video for me to see how these changes are helping me (cheers damon). Also i have been pushing myself further because i dont feel i am riding my best at the moment, and i really tried with some of these moves to improve my riding both natural and street.

Street - Razz (kings of leon) 27.5mb 2:15mins. .mov (quicktime 7 required)

benstreet.jpg

Natural - Where nobody knows (kings of leon) 36mb 2:44mins (quicktime 7 required)

bennat.jpg

http://www.heatsinkbikes.com

PLEASE NO LAZY LINKS

enjoy, and your comments would be much appreciated.

Edited by ben@hulltrials

Nice video, all round mint riding. I didnt see many sidehops though, are you giving them a rest for a bit and concentrating on hooking and gapping etc? The natural video is mint too, some good riding in there. That last hop up at the end looked massive.

Edited by scunnytrials

Nice video, all round mint riding. I didnt see many sidehops though, are you giving them a rest for a bit and concentrating on hooking and gapping etc? The natural video is mint too, some good riding in there. That last hop up at the end looked massive.

Ben has been practicing a new technique so hopefully in his next vid he will put some of his side hops in that I recorded. I have seen the street one and Ben I know you hate me saying this but you have improved loads... just face the facts and stop the denial. Ill download your natty one when I get home.

Good vids,

however i really hope those arent heatsink pads your using on the rear.. because from the looks of it two bars of soap would have held better (Examples: 16 seconds in, 23 seconds in, 31 seconds in )

i will openly admit they were heatsinks, however in all three cases i was running the same set of white batch b pads from a long time ago, while i awaited some of the Konig pads, neither of these where ideal for a grind, or a weak one at that. most other shots were taken with either blue pads or konigs (most of the river bed shots in particular were with konigs) which dont have the best hold on a grind.

the blues are great.

i would reccomend them to anyone.

street one was great your front taps are massive i thought you were going to hook one of the walls and you flew upto backwheel lol! editing was good i think and the music went really well in both vids, they were both good (Y) those pads sound quite good too

I agree with everyone in saying that the riding was spot on (Y) well in for that, However as mentioned earlier in the thread the brake looked shocking! Considering that one of the purposes of the vid is to show off the brake pads to there fullest (which your riding did) I wasn't all that impressed with the hold. I am not trying to slate heatsink pads by any means the old yellow batch b were good pads, it just seems that the new pads aren't quite cutting it. Maybe its because other pads have been discovered that are so amazing (plazmatic etc) but they just seem to have fallen in alot of peoples opinions. Anyways, keep the vids coming and keep on trying new pad material, hehe...

Carl

it just seems that the new [heatsink] pads aren't quite cutting it.....they just seem to have fallen in alot of peoples opinions.

Carl

Cheers for your thoughts. Criticism is very useful to continually improve products (Y) The vastly overwhelming feedback I'm reading on forums about the blue pads is very positive, with people's expectations exceeded in terms of their performance, value for money, and wear rate. There have been a few negative posts about them, but which of the well established brake pads hasn't also had such posts? Also, the negative posts should be looked at more closely - There is some information missing in those I've seen which would somewhat take the edge off each story! I don't want to get into a too and fro about the details of some of these, life's too short!

I really believe that the standard of Heatsink testing has come along way since the previous versions of these pads before the blues. Every day's a school day, and experience showed from these pads that we could make improvements to the thoroughness of testing before release. The release of the blues was only from the result of testing lasting weeks, across a range of riders, many of whom were selected because of their proven honesty with the short comings of previous pads.

Cheers,

Steve

remember what ben said though... he was using the other heatsinks, I have seen him ride with his blue's and they grip perfect. Anyways dont turn this thread into another topic.

Common folks download and leave a comment about these videos they are truly awesome.