Just A Thought To See If Maybe It Could Happen

the_soon_to_be

First off can i make myself clear this i only a suggestion, i say this to make myself safe from hundreds of posts saying "oh it will never happen"

Right, now that is out the way, i was wondering considering that i have noticed that alot of people have/are going to BMX riding as well as trials, or have given up trials but still choose to use this forum, i myself am making the move to a BMX but willl still have my trials bike

Is there any chance that a new section could be added to THIS forum, purely for BMX, before anyone says "why not join a BMX forum", i am a member but as some may back me up with, this forum has a certain friendly comunitty to it, most people seem to get along well, this is only a suggestion, but if maybe a MOD or ADMINISTRATOR could take note and into consideation

If it is a pointless topic, rather than post after post of bitching at me just close it or delete it

thanks for reading, please only reply if it is a positive reply and maybe the BMXers of this small comunity could reply i would be most grateful

gaz...

would be sweet, i love to watch/look at/ask about BMX, i was even thinking about starting it myself these last few weeks but just can't warrant spending cash on anotehr bike.

Only problem i could see would be people saying "well they've all got a BMX section, why can't we have a Dirt/XC/Roadie section too".

Perhaps you could make the section more like a 'street/park' section, rather than a soley BMX one. That way street riders can contribute too, where as often their videos and photos are swamped out in the main forum by hardcore UCI riders. Also that way it's still Trails-Forum, rather than TrailswithapinchofBMX-forum

i mean't about it as a place for the BMX riders to chat about BMX in gereral, but if people are realy that sad they use it to gather post then that is up to them, it would be like a " BMX chat", "BMX for sale and wanted"

all in one, just to stop glogging up trials stuff and to make it easier to talk and find out about BMX

oh well just a suggestion, maybe, hopefully it will happen

gaz...

i mean't about it as a place for the BMX riders to chat about BMX in gereral, but if people are realy that sad they use it to gather post then that is up to them, it would be like a " BMX chat", "BMX for sale and wanted"

all in one, just to stop glogging up trials stuff and to make it easier to talk and find out about BMX

oh well just a suggestion, maybe, hopefully it will happen

gaz...

That's what we meant, not somewhere to just put the BMX threads when they're done, somewhere to post all the BMX stuff on conception, so you don't have to traul through crap to find it :P

would be sweet, i love to watch/look at/ask about BMX, i was even thinking about starting it myself these last few weeks but just can't warrant spending cash on anotehr bike.

Only problem i could see would be people saying "well they've all got a BMX section, why can't we have a Dirt/XC/Roadie section too".

Perhaps you could make the section more like a 'street/park' section, rather than a soley BMX one. That way street riders can contribute too, where as often their videos and photos are swamped out in the main forum by hardcore UCI riders. Also that way it's still Trails-Forum, rather than TrailswithapinchofBMX-forum

i like that idea, you made my thread even better, i see where you are coming from with all the other types would also want one so i think your idea is a good go between

gaz...

WOOPS, MrMonkey beat me to it

Edited by the_soon_to_be

What about a BMX sticky in Off Topic then

naa that would suck, you can't cram videos, pictures and chat all into one long thread.

Needs to be something like:

---'Street/Park/BMX' subform---

--Topics:--

-New southeast BMX Video

-Pictures from park sesh today

-What cranks should i buy?

-24" street video

-yadda yadda yadda...

Edited by RicH_87

You can't compare the popularity of bmx to dh/freeride/xc/road on this forum though because there is very little of it!

You look anywhere on the forum and there is bmx thread after bmx thread... The trials ocmmunity and the bmx community appear so similar it makes sense to have the two on the same forum... NOT for people who have no interest in trials whatsoever but for those who's interest lie across the board and can contribute well to both (regardless of what they ride).

Would probably call for an extra mod to help with the running of it.. I'm thinking of a BMX only MOD... I'm thinking BONGO :P

EDIT: jsut reading through after I posted you need to slow right down not - WE SHOULDN'T have a seperate forum where street trials/24inch stuff goes because that IS trials. If we start segregating like that it will only cause problems of superiority and conflict etc etc ONLY stuff that isn't trials - i'd go for just bmx personally

Edited by nichols_sam

naa that would suck, you can't cram videos, pictures and chat all into one long thread.

---'Street/Park/BMX' subform---

--Topics:--

-New southeast BMX Video

-Pictures from park sesh today

-What cranks should i buy?

-24" street video

-yadda yadda yadda...

you got the idea, i like it, what other think

gaz...

Yeah i think that ideas good but just bmx !

Remember theres loads of different riders amongst bmx too, dirt, park street, race and the rest . .

Trials is trials bmx is bmx, let the bmxers have their OWN topic no trials in there we already have a forum full of it

I think its def a good idea, and shouldnt get in the way of the rest of the forum. I doubt there will be big problems of new members signing up just for the bmx section either, as this is predominantly a trials forum.

As peple have said the bmx and trials scene's are getting increasingly close, with bmx'ers getting more techy with the street and park, and us getting more streety with our trials, we can learn a lot from each other. components are also becoming increasingly interchangeable.

This should definately be a sub forum, even if its like chat and doesnt conribute to post count (if people are that woried about that), but shouldnt be JUST BMX, undoubtedly it will get used mainly for bmx as that is very popular with the riders here, but it should be a space for people to talk about other bikes and riding too, ie dh/freeride/xc.

I think an "any other riding" sub-forum is a good idea, but to be honest isn't that what this sub-forum is for?

No it isn't, its for general Chit-Chat. Yes you could say BMX is general Chit-Chat, but its nice to have it all grouped.

I don't think a BMX specific section is good, just have "Other Bicycle Sports" or something, and then just clearly mark the topic title with BMX, or Jump, or DH or what ever.

This is a trials-forum, so making a BMX specific section would then mean you would need a DH one, and so on, so just don't give priority to any other sport, and just group them.

This is a trials-forum, so making a BMX specific section would then mean you would need a DH one, and so on, so just don't give priority to any other sport, and just group them.

Yeah, but the number of BMX threads about compared to the number of DH/Dual/XC threads doesn't compare, as has already been said. I think it's a good idea to be honest, but it's not up to me. Fly a PM to Danny or Tomturd :P

I think a street/BMX/Jibbing forum would be a nice idea, although I'm sure some people will use it to moan about segregation etc.

Probably why we've got Rides/Locations (people do BMX rides on there too, hence the skatepark ones), the "BMX Questions" thread in the FAQ, the "Little Wheels Thread" in Sites, Vids and Pics for BMX videos (which you can still post in Sites, etc., and the "Bike pics thread - in a BMX way" thread too? Pretty much covers everything :P

Probably why we've got Rides/Locations (people do BMX rides on there too, hence the skatepark ones), the "BMX Questions" thread in the FAQ, the "Little Wheels Thread" in Sites, Vids and Pics for BMX videos (which you can still post in Sites, etc., and the "Bike pics thread - in a BMX way" thread too? Pretty much covers everything :P

yeh i know it works at the moment, i was just arguing for it being a good idea, rather than aginst the forum as it is now.

surely if the forum was 'flooded' by loads of BMX topics something would be done about it, simply to keep the pure trials riders happy, and not be prejudice against the people who are swayed towards BMX more so.

and yes, i know you ride BMX and you probably don't care for a seperate forum, and i know why, but like i said, i'm in favour of a small change, rather than against the way things are now.

anyway, doesn't effect me so i'll leave it to the people that really matter.

Fair enough. I just meant that we've covered most of the bases without actually putting up a new subforum about it, basically. Anything else would just be chit-chat stuff which you could either put in here/somewhere else. You can get all your riding/media/technique/whatever fixes in some of the threads already out there, basically.

Bmx-forum.com is f**king shite, in fairness :P