Biiiiiiig Cahones

Dr. Nick Riviera

Josh Bender's going for a 100ft drop now, but knowing him he'll do it on a 15ft travel piece of shit, and won't hold the landing at all.

But there we go. To quote him, "It's all about the air time. Photographers only get the air, the landing doesn't matter."

^_^

it must be good fun to be flying for 5 seconds or so on a simple machine such as a bike, however, do they just set up for that one line? or is that mid/end of an entire run?

it would kinda suck if they just go and pull that one line then leave, kinda like climbing up a wall in trials just to drop off.

it would kinda suck if they just go and pull that one line then leave, kinda like climbing up a wall in trials just to drop off.
Lots of people do that though. I suspect that's exactly what's happened.

Probably why he uses shitloads of body armour and does loads of exercises to build up muscle (helps prevent bone breakage?)? Either way, he just seems like a penis...

He was the one who actually progressed freeriding and made people think ahh thats actually possible so less of the moaning.

A one nathan rennie is attempting a 100ft jump soon and that guy has talent but he feels the need to go big so he goes big.

I mean ok yeah they have travel but thats why they do rolling drops and not static like trials riders do!! I mean its ok for trial people to bust off big drops and not get slated why is it different for Downhillers and freeriders ??. As for the 360 drops check out Darren Berrecloth he is nailing them on huge drops.

Sorry for the moan I just hate this divide

Craig

Edited by freeride-wales

He was the one who actually progressed freeriding and made people think ahh thats actually possible so less of the moaning.

A one nathan rennie is attempting a 100ft jump soon and that guy has talent but he feels the need to go big so he goes big.

I mean ok yeah they have travel but thats why they do rolling drops and not static like trials riders do!! I mean its ok for trial people to bust off big drops and not get slated why is it different for Downhillers and freeriders ??. As for the 360 drops check out Darren Berrecloth he is nailing them on huge drops.

Sorry for the moan I just hate this divide

Craig

Did you not read my post, or just not understand it? I'm sayin he doesn't particularly mind if he lands it. That's not progressing riding. All the BC riders do more for that. The Vancouver scene pretty much propelled freeriding to where it is now, freeride and North Shore. If Bender didn't appear to be such a cock (from interviews I've read with him), and appeared to actually give a shit about good riding, I wouldn't really have a problem with him...

contrary to popular belief , bender is actually a pretty talented rider , he just chooses to do cliff drops

much in the same way that most of slipknot are all accomplished musicians , they just enjoy thrashing he hell out of stuff instead

Yes, but Slipknot actually write songs, then finish them, then play them at gigs. Josh Bender just doesn't really mind if he actually lands stuff. To use your comparison, Josh Bender is the equivalent of Slipknot going on stage with half a song written, then playing it super badly.

Did you not read my post, or just not understand it? I'm sayin he doesn't particularly mind if he lands it. That's not progressing riding. All the BC riders do more for that. The Vancouver scene pretty much propelled freeriding to where it is now, freeride and North Shore. If Bender didn't appear to be such a cock (from interviews I've read with him), and appeared to actually give a shit about good riding, I wouldn't really have a problem with him...

Yes, but Slipknot actually write songs, then finish them, then play them at gigs. Josh Bender just doesn't really mind if he actually lands stuff. To use your comparison, Josh Bender is the equivalent of Slipknot going on stage with half a song written, then playing it super badly.

You really have no Idea about him or his riding or about freeriding, why dont you watch some of it. Like the 60 footer in utah that he smashed himself up on and came back 6 times (thats takes a lot to do) and finally nailed it. That really shows him just throwing himself off of stuff. Hes actually racing Downhill now and is pretty damn stylish so that shows that he just doesnt throw himeslf off stuff.