From Disk To Magura

Towler

Hey, basically Im going to try a magura out on the front again. My friend has gone back to a magura and he has improved alot, don’t think that has anything to do with a magura on front... he is pretty much just a beast although never admits it. I thought I might do the same because although the disk is powerful and don’t get me wrong I love mine and haven’t had any problems with it, but I don’t have much self confidence so hopefully if I try a magura again I wont be scared of hitting it. I also noticed benito uses a magura again, any reason?

Anyways just wanted to know your thoughts, has anyone done so? or does anyone else feel that their riding is limited due to thinking about parts on your bike rather than fully concentrating on getting up the bloody wall or through a rock section..

I've just banged a front Magura on again. Reason being, I keep breaking my discs. They either leak, get hit or just arent consistant. Good thing about them, it's hard to kill a front Maggy I reckon. With discs, I'm always weary about hitting it, now I dont need to worry.

Rossi.

you have no need to worry about getting enough power from a front maggie, you will get more than enough if you use the right set up. something like heatsink blue pads with a light grind would be awesome.

i like the fact that with discs, you can run a light weight front rim and not be bothered about buckling it. i allways hit my discs, but they dont bend to much. except the rotors on hope mono trials are propper shit and bend if you drop a penny on it.

also you dont need to worry about them fading when the weather is shit, which is a big plus in say a comp. and many discs are just put on and forget, you dont need to fanny around with discs at all, unless they propperly fork up.

but its a very personal thing, i dont think i would get on with a front maggie, where as say tunni doesnt rate front discs at all and much prefers a front maggie.

so its up to you, you have to just try it out.

thats my 5p's worth anyways.

most of the reasons i chose to move back to a magura are listed in this topic, more so rossi's reply, thats exactly the reason i chose, its not perfect for a comp situation, but as your keeping your disk as spare, there will be no problem if you enter a comp.

my main reason, was because i kept landing on rotor, and having to bend it back with my fingers.

meh

each to their own.

if you run it with some decent pads then you'll still get that on/off feeling towler and as ben said you can always keep a hold of your hope so you can switch it if need be

you should try using a magura with the rim you've got on at the moment first though, that would be interesting . . . . . . .

if you run it with some decent pads then you'll still get that on/off feeling towler and as ben said you can always keep a hold of your hope so you can switch it if need be

you should try using a magura with the rim you've got on at the moment first though, that would be interesting . . . . . . .

lol (Y) that would, although how many pads would i go through?