Footwear

Luke Drewery

Shoes for riding in  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Trials boots

• Skate shoes

I have recently been very tempted to buy a pair of koxx try-all boots for riding in as I have the money and they are the only boots that go up to a 48 (size 13) and the monty boots look horrid. However I need convincing because they are bloody expensive! Its a shame the £29.99 offer on the YIK shoes at selectbikes doesnt go up to my size! I posted a topic before about peoples views on trials specific footwear but a poll would be better. So if you do use trials boots please post your comments in here and vote in the poll. (Y)

The Try-all's seems to be quite poor quality, seen a few pairs tear apart after.

Thats what Im worried about, I wont grow out of them as although I am 15 I hope I dont go past size 13! So it depends on their durability really. What interests me the most is that skate shoes are heavy and bulky whilst trials boots are nice and light and flexible.

The Try-all's seems to be quite poor quality, seen a few pairs tear apart. edit: The monty shoes have the same sole as the Ribos, very good grip and not too hard or soft.

Yes but they look awful! (Y)

(Y) You have big feet, fook me. Go for skate shoes, they last longer than trials shoes and cheaper too :(

Lol they're not that big, I have always got skate shoes and I cant really fault them but I am close to buying a new pair of riding shoes and if trials shoes are better then I thought I would try them. I dont know anybody who has got them though so I have to turn to trials-forum for advice. :)

Ive just ordered a pair of tryalls from tart now.... Everyone I know who has them says theyre ace for the money. Im using DC's at the mo but...well....

gallery_6800_896_50235.jpg

The duck tape covers the hole on the sole too :)

Lol they are well and truly dead! I think I have decided to buy some try-all shoes as my bike is how I want at the minute so I dont really need to buy anything for that. :) Still not completely sure though. :(

Oh and everybody ignore the poll, I cant change it now and I wasnt sure how to set it up in the first place. (Y)

Edited by scunnytrials

soles wear quite fast on your lead foot.. depending on what type of pedals you have really..

cage pedals dig two trenches into the soles, while pin pedals dig holes. they last a fair while though, I'd say about a year or more on a pair.

try all shoes are shit, they just dont feel very nice. i have had mine for 1.5 months and they are pretty much fecked. :$

but i like the ankle support so i might try some ribo's as they seem the best.

Yeh I have seen the ribos on coustuk and they look horrid, like silver basketball shoes. :ermm:

try-alls had mine for about 3 month and they are'nt in too good condition i have put them through alot though and i think i would buy another pair but alot of people are having problems , my ribos also fell apart quite quickly when i had them ages ago, my mates monty shoes (new ones) nackered after like 2 weeks so dont bother with trial specific, get the inopia shoes :ermm: look great and i doubt they'll fall apart i think i might try some next theyre in special offer too, for £40 you cant go wrong http://tartybikes.co.uk/products.php?product=clearance :$

For chavs yes, yes they are.

Lmfao thats gotta be the funniest tihng ive ever heard you say!! :$

I just wear a pair of DC's i see no problem with them so will probblie just get another pair.

Trials shoes are problie good but I can't see the point on spending £80 on shoes i can only really wear riding.

:ermm: