Hiv Needle Warning

RicH_87

Friends,

This message is serious and has been passed to us from Cheshire RFU..

Could you please cascade as quickly as possible as this came through our NHS web page.

For your information, a couple of weeks ago, in the Odeon cinema, Festival Park, a person sat on something sharp in one of the seats. When she stood up to see what it was, a needle was found poking through the seat with an attached note saying, “You have been infected with HIV”.

The Centres for Disease Control in Birmingham, reports similar events have taken places in several other cities recently.

All of the needles tested have been found positive for HIV. The CDC also reports that needles have been found in coin return areas of payphones and coke machines. Everyone is asked to use extreme caution when confronted with these types of situations. All public chairs should be thoroughly but safely inspected prior to any use. A through visual inspection is considered the bare minimum. Further more, they ask that everyone notify their family members and friends of the potential dangers, as well.

The previous information was sent from Hanley police station to all of the local councils in the Staffs area and was interdepartmentally dispersed.

Lol, Hanley is part of Staffordshire so Staffordshire Police would deal with the affairs. Cheshire Police wouldn't get involved I shouldn't think. The cinema in question is around the corner from me and they know nothing of this incident! Come to Hanley, the shitest place on earth!

Oh and me mum works for NHS direct and hasn't heard any of this and she really high up in the ranks!

Edited by hazzyhaslam

People do shit like that with needles.

In the tower blocks near me (in layton) people used to cellotape needles under the hand rails so as you slide yourhand down the rail, you will get jabbed.

Mates dad told me that happens in tower blocks in Glasgow to (this was a while ago btw)

In an ideal world this country would only allow people who work in, who once again on entry have their DNA recorded. Tags aswell, so you can be found anywhere at anytime.

So you'd give up the trials bike you had to live in that police state? Because if you were riding it, it would be illegal (because trials is illegal, i.e. damage to property, riding on pavement, etc.), and therefore you'd be raped by the police who would know where you where at anytime.

Not to mention all the other infringements of civil liberties.

But hey, why think about it when you're just trying to be controversial :P

slightly OT but along the same lines

my mate works for a bike shop and they caught this guy nicking a jacket. when they stopped him he seemed fine and cooperating until they rang the police: he then whips out a needle and treatens the guys behind the counter with it. now i know this is true, how scared would you be!!!

may not seem as scary as a knife at first glance but u think about the stereotype of the guys who tend to have needles (excluding doctors, diabetics etc etc before some smart arse says owt) and then think how bad it would be in the worst case scenario.

madness