Hiv Needle Warning

RicH_87

My mum brought back some letters from work today sent out by a police force about a HIV warning.

I typed it up so please read as it's kinda important:

----Forwarded----

Friends,

This message is serious and has been passed to us from Cheshire RFU..

Could you please cascade as quickly as possible as this came through our NHS web page.

For your information, a couple of weeks ago, in the Odeon cinema, Festival Park, a person sat on something sharp in one of the seats. When she stood up to see what it was, a needle was found poking through the seat with an attached note saying, “You have been infected with HIV”.

The Centres for Disease Control in Birmingham, reports similar events have taken places in several other cities recently.

All of the needles tested have been found positive for HIV. The CDC also reports that needles have been found in coin return areas of payphones and coke machines. Everyone is asked to use extreme caution when confronted with these types of situations. All public chairs should be thoroughly but safely inspected prior to any use. A through visual inspection is considered the bare minimum. Further more, they ask that everyone notify their family members and friends of the potential dangers, as well.

The previous information was sent from Hanley police station to all of the local councils in the Staffs area and was interdepartmentally dispersed.

We were all asked to pass this to as many people as possible.

Some of you may already know, but i thought i'd spread the word anyway. :ermm:

I'm gonna call "fake". If you're going to put a needle and a note into someone's seat, it'll leave signs of you having done it, be it DNA or fingerprints. I'm guessing that the police would've picked up on this and nailed most of the faux-perps...

I'm gonna call "fake". If you're going to put a needle and a note into someone's seat, it'll leave signs of you having done it, be it DNA or fingerprints. I'm guessing that the police would've picked up on this and nailed most of the faux-perps...

Yeah true, and theyd surely be able to get dna from the blood on the needle aswell.

If its true, that is just amazingly twisted and selfish, cant believe anyone would do that B) imagine if it happened to you, whole life ruined because of some selfish twat.

hmm ok then, guess i'm proved wrong.

kinda lame how people make shit like this up though, really pisses me off, don't they have anything better to do than make huge lies that could even inspire someone to carry them out for real.

bullshit is one of the things in life that really really annoys me, right up there with sour milk B)

I've heard it's a hoax...

Yeah, I remember this story from years ago...

the old 'a woman in dancing in a nightclub when she feels a willy on her arms and finds a note saying you've been infected with HIV'...

Documented hoax, one of the things that kinda pisses on the hoaxes bonfire is the statistic;

from a needle stick the chance of HIV transmission is estimated to be between 0.3 and 0.45 percent

so you'd have to setup about 200-300 needles to infect a single person.

True or otherwise , whomever imagined the concept needs psychiatric counselling / imprisonment .

By the way , it occured to me that there's so many nails on that pictured "bed " and are so closely spaced that one's weight would be very evenly distributed . That got me thinking that with a wide rim and good pressure , you may just be able to ride a trials bike over that . ( Withot flatting , I mean B) . ) Could be wrong .

Edited by Endohopper

But once you get up off the nails from lying on them, you have little imprints on your back from where they have stabbed you just a tiny bit, so, its just like standing on one foot, if you do, it will probably hurt because its all on one small area, just like riding a bike on it :P

anyways, i shitmyself when i read that, thinking i should look carefully at everywhere i sit B) :P :P

This is definatly fake as my girlfriend works for the council and they got the letter the other week.

Which was followed by a phone call from the police issuing a statement that it was a very sick hoax.

It's quite an old urban myth but it's sick that people are even joking about something like that.

Think of the children B)