Backwheel Balance

MrMonkey

Yes I'm sure it's been posted loads. And I did a little looking around. But at the moment I can't get on my backwheel, I either get it for a couple of seconds like 10 max, but then I just drop down. That happens very rarely though. I usually don't come up enough so fall forward OR on the odd ocassion I'll come to far back. So I need some tips from your lovelies to help me out. I know I'm gonna get the odd cock whip saying "Practice" or "Balance properly" but I actually want advice. Not gayness.

Thanks in advance.

I learnt to balance on the backwheel by first doing an endo, then pulling all your weight back and hopping on the back wheel to keep your balance. Takes some time and practice but it can be done in your back garden or wherever. Also practice bunny hopping up walls and things like that so you dont get bored just trying to improve your back wheel balance. You'll get there in the end, try counting how many back hops you can do and improve by 5 or something every day.

there are a few other things that i rekon help your rear wheel balance apart from balancing in it. ll

try back hopping forwards whilst pedalling

without leaving the floor.

just little wheelies then stop,, u get me..

hope that helps

iolo

I either get it for a couple of seconds like 10 max...

10 seconds without correction hops , or in total ?

Either way , pretty good start . I found that having set the bike up correctly what helped most was just staying relaxed and loose over the bike . Did a lot of experimentation with arms straight or not , legs fully extended , or crouching etc . You may find it more comfortable to backhop with your feet not fully horizontal , try variations like lead pedal higher or lower . Good luck , keep us posted on your progress .

10 seconds is quite a lot if your just talking about balencing without back hopping! so if you master it just try to keep on progressing on! if not try to get some ride buddys who should actually be able to instruct you what your doing wrong, (hope i helped)

i started to just sit on te backwheel on drops loks good lol

in my opinion the best way to balance is rotate your body with just your knees if you understand that.... i find by doing that you can manouver (sp) yourself and the bike with minmal effort and without erratic movements or any correction hops

oggy pm if you want a better explanation lol