Backwheel Balance

Enigma

Practice, I've been riding around today just tryna get my balance back, I can last about 5-10 seconds on my backwheel without any hops or nothing. But getting on my backwheel is my problem :D

really?

I didnt even know you have riden a bike before (N) (Y)

I cant balance for very long without hopping, around 5 seconds for me, but i can backhop for years :P

How did you become a senior? lol

Edited by terror-error

Practice, I've been riding around today just tryna get my balance back, I can last about 5-10 seconds on my backwheel without any hops or nothing. But getting on my backwheel is my problem :ermm:

5-10seconds on your backwheel stalling is a seriously long time, think about it!

try altering bar and stem bits. My monty (with onza bar + stem) never seemed to want to stay on the back wheel because my balance was always too far forward. Now I have the zona and koxx bar + stem it feels a lot better B)

I dont think frame length really matters IMO. On my monty 221 I could balance for around 5 seconds, and going to my zona zip with 1040+ wheelbase (pretty much same length as a python CLS), the length i can stay on backwheel is much the same.

I think its just skill, and "keeping calm" on the backwheel

Its a LOTTTTTTT SKILL, you get used to it. However saying that balancing on the backwheel is one of the few things that is a fair bit controlled by geometry i.e. tring 2 balance on a giant team trials is harder than on a Zoo because of the different geometry. and 5 seconds is a very long time 2 balance on the backwheel (if you can do it every time not by fluke)!