26" And Vertical Dropouts...

RyanRs

so many people have trouble with landing on there mech, bending the hanger etc, so why cant bike companies make 26" trials frames with horizontal dropouts?? like the 20" !

if theres some silly rule in comps stating that you have to have gears , then that can easily be fixed by having a bolt on mech hanger (like the DMR trailstar / sidekick frames and that saracen xile thing)

My ideal frame would be a Polished aluminium short GU with horizontal dropouts... so i can run SS with no mech!

Edited by RyanRs

Ruins your wheelbase

maby, but you only have to adjust it within 1 link of the chain , so you can run SS at the appropiate tension. it aint going to make too much of a difference to wheelbase..

and surely it will make the same ammount of difference to a 20"

maby, but you only have to adjust it within 1 link of the chain , so you can run SS at the appropiate tension. it aint going to make too much of a difference to wheelbase..

and surely it will make the same ammount of difference to a 20"

cause stocks are for gays... so they get gay stuff....

And mods are ridden by those with small wanks.

Right?

Vertical dropouts seem to be softer on the quick release or 12mm. They don't seem to move as much, and keeping the wheel centered is supposedly easier.

Haven't had a horizontal dropout bike in a while.

Wouldn't your wheel move when doing drops and stuff ?

If you didden't have a chain puller it would.

Horozontal dropouts are rare due to about 95% of the factorys that build frame buy the dropouts from else where.

If you wanted horozontal dropouts you would also have to use a bolt in wheel as a QR doesn't realy hold it tight enough for trials.

Edited by narrowbars

It wouldn't 'technically' be a stock bike if it had horizontal dropouts, it would be a mod with 26" wheels.

It would be cool to see though, and give stock riders more options/choices, but i can't see it happening because of the attitudes of a lot of riders who would like to see the sport remain more traditional.

The only way it would ever happen imo, would be for a comapny like Onza to pioneer it and maybe make a 'stock'/large mod bike, then maybe see if other companies follow suite.

I doubt most stock riders would wanna loose their tensioner/mech anyway, its kinda what defines it as a stock bike.