Frame Recommendations

petit_pablo

Hi all.

Ive been absent from trials for some time and am getting back into riding.

However, im after a new frame as my current bike is a heavy tools trials (that should date when i last rode properly!)

Whats peoples recommendations?

Im looking to spend between 250 and 300 on the frame then a little more on a new bb, headset etc as i guess the HT stuff probably wont fit.

p.s - once im sorted with the new frame i will be out and about in abingdon so keep an eye out if your local!

A longer frame makes it easier to do most things, like front tap, etc, and I found that switching to a longer bike helped my bunnyhops. Depends how and what you ride, but on the whole longer bikes are better. I wouldn't go as long as say 1100 as I think I'd find it harder to ride... 1055 suits me fine.

Lower bikes are a lot better as you get more clearance. If you look at the recent Bristol pictures thread, see how when people sidehop super high they crouch right over the side of the bike. Also, smaller frames tend to be lighter and stiffer.