What Next?

Ash-Kennard

What do you think will hit the trials scene next? 24" comp bikes? Vinco style stock frames? Short bikes? Basically what do you feel will be the next big thing in trials. I have thought about this for a while now and I can't decide my view.

Over to you.

ash.

That would need to be proper hard tyre but with same grip. can you get them type of tryes yet or are they being developed.

t

I just made up what I posted if you're talking to me. I'll try and do some sort of paint diagram now :P

gallery_2373_499_8527.jpg

My idea sort of, sorry for the hugeness. But so all the lines would be rubber, to give a sort of bendy flexy but not getting to your rim type thing :P

Edited by MrMonkey

Something i'd like to see

4 bolt clamps built into the frame, ie: lower base clamp being one unit of the frame, thus being a cnc part.

Rear dropouts going DH bike style of bolt in.

BB/yoke all one unit and 68mm being no more. 73 being what 68 is now and 85mm and more the main new std.

Head tubes to stick at 1 1/8'' or go Onza style of being an internal but then running shit hot cups to run a std cuped 1 1/8'' headset

BB rise in and 0 rise abolished

Decent materials used

More british built bikes or europen non maericans or ti or chinses (deng!!!!)

Real warrantys

Limations on how many names of companies and frame one muppet can produce. (no name BUT DENGs)

Think that'll do for now!

X Dani x

Whats the point in banging out loads of frames yeah from one guy...he'll run out ideas and it's overcrowding the market and they are all bit of each other etc. It's silly really really is.

Keep it Leeson, Bespoke

Yeah i ride a Coust they were the 1st with it out and im happy to ride one but i'd rather ride my own creations that mass produced stuff from just a money hungry thug in China thats making the sceen look really bad

Oh and have i bought an Echo...erm nope only a Zoo and thats way weay backl when was a decent guy not a money hungry thug

X Dani x

Whats the point in banging out loads of frames yeah from one guy...he'll run out ideas and it's overcrowding the market and they are all bit of each other etc. It's silly really really is.

Keep it Leeson, Bespoke

Yeah i ride a Coust they were the 1st with it out and im happy to ride one but i'd rather ride my own creations that mass produced stuff from just a money hungry thug in China thats making the sceen look really bad

Oh and have i bought an Echo...erm nope only a Zoo and thats way weay backl when was a decent guy not a money hungry thug

It's not the manufacturer that's 'overcrowding' it's the buyer that chooses the frame after all. People must keep buying them for a reason! Supply and demand.

What's the point in Heinz having 57 varieties? They offer different frames to suit different tastes etc...

I never said you had bought an Echo frames, I just informed you that nobody is forcing you to do so!

Also, it was the Coustelliers that contacted Deng, a couple of years ago now, and asked him about building them some frames. Deng sent them a Pitbull prototype, the Coustelliers took it to some guy in france (the guy that builds the Atomz frames) who built the prototype Coust frames (if you look carefully at the original bikes the brothers rode, they are different to the production frames). The Coustelliers then rush their frames onto the market. FACT.

Plus there's still nothing preventing anyone else from going and ordering a bespoke bicycle. Deng isn't exactly standing outside Clive Leeson's shed with a big stick stopping them!!! But even Lance Armstrong doesn't ride a custom frame. He's on the same factory ride as the rest of his team.

x Dani x

It's not the manufacturer that's 'overcrowding' it's the buyer that chooses the frame after all. People must keep buying them for a reason! Supply and demand.

What's the point in Heinz having 57 varieties? They offer different frames to suit different tastes etc...

What!!!!!!! How the f**k does that work out. deg's there yeah with these new companies yeah and his banging these frames out. There out there in the market now thats the point im making. he's over populatiing the market. Not the rididng sceen as non are being ridden as such but the market for buying is now full of shit basicly from one man.

I never said you had bought an Echo frames, I just informed you that nobody is forcing you to do so!

You did say i had ta. Re-read you post.

Also, it was the Coustelliers that contacted Deng, a couple of years ago now, and asked him about building them some frames. Deng sent them a Pitbull prototype, the Coustelliers took it to some guy in france (the guy that builds the Atomz frames) who built the prototype Coust frames (if you look carefully at the original bikes the brothers rode, they are different to the production frames). The Coustelliers then rush their frames onto the market. FACT.

Didn;t know that but the evidence thats out shows they brough theres out earlyer and that they desinged it. i know a fe wof the guys at Atomz. Not bad bunch. yasecs use to work there.

Plus there's still nothing preventing anyone else from going and ordering a bespoke bicycle. Deng isn't exactly standing outside Clive Leeson's shed with a big stick stopping them!!! But even Lance Armstrong doesn't ride a custom frame. He's on the same factory ride as the rest of his team.

No it's not what i said ether. I ment keep it simple, bespoke desing not laods and loads of frame out there all the same pretty much or from the same little factory.

I think i should do some digigng and get price on each frame cost to make and ship. When i check on pures i was sick knowing it was under £15 to be made and shipped to the uk and thats with customes sorted to!

x Dani x

Pete's getting beat by a girl. AAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. OWNED. And Pete learn how to read the English language, she didn't say you did ride, she said you don't have to ride said type of bike. Meaning that you don't necessarily ride said bike, but also no-ones forcing you into buying one.

Edited by MrMonkey