Freewheel Stabed Me

trialridertom

Hi i just wanted to tell you my most painfull injury yet in trials, i was setting my back brake up and spun the wheel 2 make sur nothing was rubbing and i unluckly had my finger resting on the top part of the chain when i spun it my finger went with it and unfortunatley (Y) the chain isnt going to break and the freewheel stabed straight into my finger in that moment in time is was F***ING screaming and had to wind the freewheel back to try get my finger off i tryed to wobble it off but it wasnt having any of it, so i had to resolve to yanking the bugger off, got home cleaned it up and im making a full recovery :D i am itching to et back on my bike, lesson learnt dont play around with setting up brakes unless they need 2 be (Y)

i know some one who was doing the same, putting his chain on then cuaght his finger and took it straight off (Y) :D

same here, it happened in halfords ages ago(before i started working there), we had to get his finger and put it in the fridge (Y)

was disgusting!

(Y)

I didnt think a bike chain could cut your finger off! i knew it would leave a nasty wound but take your finger off. I did somthing a little similar, for some reason i thought id squeeze my back tyre to see if it was flat whilst rolling. (Y)

The chain is pushing it against a spikey thing and pulling it away, that equals loss of finger.

And Mr topic starter, did you go to the hospital? Because that'd have to be a bit on the gnarly side for you to pull it off, like bone deep sorta thing.

trying to get a lockring off an acs on the glen once, the allen key slipped and i impailed my finger on one of the teeth. Deep as fook, bleeding everywhere. Luckily i had an old reciept in my pocket so i bandaged it back up and put my glove ontop. :turned:

Still got the scar :)

Yeah i had to go. Blood all in my workshop over my tools etc.

I couldn't bend my index finger to the side as it cut a tending sao they put me under loacl and sticed it all up...scar is right where my finger bends so kinda lucky as you can;t tell really cos it folds there on the skin..lucky but was messy

Disc brake cleaner hurt in open wounds but it's alchole and does get you drunk hehehe cos i felt very light headed and wawy withthe faires