What Is Inside A Computer? Need Help Building One.

Mr Motivator

I did try before but got nowhere, so..

What I need is a fairly decent computer for college work and personal use. I have a monitor, a keyboard, speakers and a mouse so all I need is the big bit (no computer terminoligy inside my head what so ever).

I would be sooo greatful if you could help me by telling me exactly what I need. I'm going to be buying everything from ebuyer.co.uk and it needs to be as cheap yet powerfull as possible.

I'm going to be running all the standard microsoft office programs, and programs such as autocad06, solidworks, psp8, premier, msn, mozilla. Thats about everything I will ever use on it.

So I need a list of everything from the case to power buttons etc, I have no idea!!

Oh yeah, once its all put together I just turn it on and put in an XP disk? Oh, and how much is windows xp to by new?

Samm, so greatfull.

I did try before but got nowhere, so..

What I need is a fairly decent computer for college work and personal use. I have a monitor, a keyboard, speakers and a mouse so all I need is the big bit (no computer terminoligy inside my head what so ever).

I would be sooo greatful if you could help me by telling me exactly what I need. I'm going to be buying everything from ebuyer.co.uk and it needs to be as cheap yet powerfull as possible.

I'm going to be running all the standard microsoft office programs, and programs such as autocad06, solidworks, psp8, premier, msn, mozilla. Thats about everything I will ever use on it.

So I need a list of everything from the case to power buttons etc, I have no idea!!

Oh yeah, once its all put together I just turn it on and put in an XP disk? Oh, and how much is windows xp to by new?

Samm, so greatfull.

Well Firstly you will need the bare tower, Some you can buy with a motherboard. Then you will need to buy a motherboard if needs be, Try and get one with the procsser and mbs of ram already with it then it will save time. Next will come the graphics card, You can pick them up really cheap, depending on what you want. Then you dont really need but i would suggest getting a floppy drive, the really cheap. Then a Basic CD or DVD Drive or a Burner if needs be. Now Xp discs you may be able to pick up cheap in some places. But they are quite dear to buy in a lot of shops. Now there is places where you can buy the copies with the cd key. Now if you need a copy then just let me know. I'll only charge £8 Inc The cover and case.

Chears.

If I did get a full build..

Whats this like?

Sam

That would be a good pc to buy!

eBuyer sucks balls. Mainly because I can never get on the site to see what people are buying. Oh well. And Celerons are ok but not amazing, they are the budget range of Intel's CPUs. You'd probably be better off going for a cheaper Pentium that is rated slower, but will perform better. Or AMD...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO do not, DO NOT for the love of christ get a celeron. I had one and I could of put a stick in it's place and it would of ran better. Get a pentium or an AMD, but make sure it ain't budget range, just the mid range ones, don't need to be HT or 64. Just not the budget stuff, that task manager overloads.