Uci Style Bikes

ALLORNOWT

I ride a pashley 26 mhz and hav done for years, first proper trials bike ive had...ive rid this kind of bike since 2000.....I aint been into trials for 2 years ish and now am getting back into it again....But these weird looking bikes just look strange....no seats...daft bb heights.....but I see people doing crazy stuff on them...Are they that much easier to ride....gaps etc than a shorter street style bike? Im looking at getting a Ryan Leech frame with bombers on as Im aggressive and it may be a bit easier on my body to ride.... I competed at High Wood farm tykes round on sun and found it really quiote hard...I rode expert but found my bike was difficult to ride.....But others on these comp bikes seemed to be ok....??

Can anyone tell me what the big deal is with these bikes..ZOO, ECHOS ETC..Ive never ridden one so I dont know what the fuss is about................

Steve

Edited by ALLORNOWT

the idea behind the raised bottom bracket is to make it better on the backwheel as apparantly if the bottom bracket is higher then when you are on the back wheel your feet are directly above the rear wheel. it also gives you better ground clearance which will help in uci comps. look at the kot ms2 in the new mbuk. they explain some of this stuff. the longer frames also help with straight lifts etc up rocks as you arent at as much of a steep angle. obviously shorter chainstay lengths help keep the bike on the back wheel. your bike will be good on street compared to these long frames and the 'no seat frames' all thats about is keepin it out if the way so the stand over height is really low which will help you in the event of a bail and when crouching into the bike when goin for big moves. hope this helps.

Edited by Trials Dave

so are they much easier to ride than a short bike? side hops etc....i see a lot of people hopping up big big hops off the back wheel, sumet I could not do on my pashley..I ride mainly street stuff but am looking at these comp/uci bikes as a matter of interest.....Are they strong? compared to street shape bikes? Im very aggressive :$ so I think I might smash these alu frames riding on the street....Im not really sure..bike design has changed so much since I got mine..........Im also 6'4" tall too so my bike is even shorter for my height...... Dont know if its really suitable anymore or not...Ive never tried anything else..and dont live near any shops that sell these new style bikes.......so i would be buying totally blind really hoping id like it....not sure........................... :lol: Ryan Leech is the kinda style I ride..... street etc......Thats why I was think about the Norco Leech moment frame............................................ Which is totally diff from the comp bikes........

Edited by ALLORNOWT

yeah they are pretty strong. look at the 2005-2006 pitbull. the bottom bracket area is all cnc'ed which is pretty strong i would say. the only plave they seem to be cracking is the brake mounts. (thats maguras for you) but they will be easier to ride as they really do just sit on the back wheel. sidehops are nice and easy on them and so are gaps i think. the thing i like about them is that when your hopping on the backwheel about to do something you can stop hopping and just balance on the backwheel, then just concentrate on where your going. your best bet is to get your hands on some how and have a good play on one. maybe a friend etc :$

There's no such thing as a UCI style bike. There is no such thing as UCI style. It's just a scoring system for trials competitions. The World's top 'BIU riders' (most of which consistently do well in UCI events aswell) ride the same frames and components.

yes there is such thing as a uci style... most uci riders hit things forwards rather than sideways... they train without using a peddle...where as biu riders take into account a peddle sometimes has to be used, so they practise it..

and street riders just dont care what they do :$

Edited by aust

I said comp/UCI if you look, and yes there is such a thing as uci style, the bikes are designed with big bb clearance to prevent the rider from using the bash guard on stuff etc..my mate has a zoo pitbull, only problem is he now lives in america so I cant try it....he rid pashleys same as me for years and swapped when he went to america to the ZOO....Id never even heard of zoo till he told me he had one...He now says he can do huge sidehopes etc etc on this new bike.......Ive just never liked them...But I guess bike design is always changing..id like to ride comps so I think a comp bike would be a good idea.....maybe....................? Ryan Leech said once in an interview...these new breed of comp bikes are just tools...i kinda see what he means.His setup is for street...but being 6"4 a short bike might be limiting me....feeling cramped etc................ i duno wat to do.....................................................I ride mainly street style so a bike that did both would be good......

I said comp/UCI if you look, and yes there is such a thing as uci style, the bikes are designed with big bb clearance to prevent the rider from using the bash guard on stuff etc..my mate has a zoo pitbull, only problem is he now lives in america so I cant try it....he rid pashleys same as me for years and swapped when he went to america to the ZOO....Id never even heard of zoo till he told me he had one...He now says he can do huge sidehopes etc etc on this new bike.......Ive just never liked them...But I guess bike design is always changing..id like to ride comps so I think a comp bike would be a good idea.....maybe....................? Ryan Leech said once in an interview...these new breed of comp bikes are just tools...i kinda see what he means.His setup is for street...but being 6"4 a short bike might be limiting me....feeling cramped etc................ i duno wat to do.....................................................I ride mainly street style so a bike that did both would be good......

hey dude,

Ryan Leech...eh (N) :lol:

I doubt think the norco will ride, that much differently to your pashley, it still is quite short and has longish chainstays.

the long and low bikes are great for sidehops and taps and such and are great on natty, but don't really ride that good for proper streety stuff and don't really have an aggressive ride, that it sounds like your after.

but if you wanna get something a bit longer, but still kinda traditional. I recommend getting a Echo Pure, you can get them in 1060 or 1080, you will probably have to get one secondhand, but they are strong as f**k.

Have nice short stays, but have either 0mm or 10mm bb rise and put a 90 to 100mm stem on with riser bars and you will have a bike that will be better for trials, but still ride good for streety stuff too.

other options are probably a leeson or curtis, get one built with a fairly tight headangle (73 degrees) and maybe 1050 wheelbase and that should be good for both.

or you could go 24" :$

mike

hm.............. :$ my heads swimming wid all the info...... Ive seen people on the web riding these loooong weird comp bikes on the street.they all seem to do the same stuff though... back wheel gaps...sidehops and more backwheel gaps.why are they not suitable 4that type of riding??? Are they too lightweight..I hear people saying they are stong etc......Ive just got a trials bike and rid trials and never really thought about wheelbase and bb height etc etc.........Its kinda new to me even thought I have rid for quite a while....

www.kissthechainring.com

hm.............. (N) my heads swimming wid all the info...... Ive seen people on the web riding these loooong weird comp bikes on the street.they all seem to do the same stuff though... back wheel gaps...sidehops and more backwheel gaps.why are they not suitable 4that type of riding??? Are they too lightweight..I hear people saying they are stong etc......Ive just got a trials bike and rid trials and never really thought about wheelbase and bb height etc etc.........Its kinda new to me even thought I have rid for quite a while....

www.kissthechainring.com

no they are great for that type of riding :$ - but i meant they aren't so great for spinny, flicky, bunnyhoppy and manually type street that ryan leech does, which you said you ride like (Y)

but for just doing gaps, taps, sidehops and stuff, more traditional type moves, they are great :lol:

I said comp/UCI if you look, and yes there is such a thing as uci style, the bikes are designed with big bb clearance to prevent the rider from using the bash guard on stuff etc.

thats bullshit.. some of the best riders in the world only have +10 or 0 bottom brackets.. stop saying that... i go to the uci world cups and you will see that hardly anyone has a high bb

Maybe if you f**kers posted an answer to the blokes' question, rather than your assholish remarks and moronic opinions, perhaps we could get something done without wasting time. But, f**k all, you just gotta say "Ride stock, or you're a fag"

What does that solve? Seriously.

this was supposed to go into a new topic,but clicked reply rather than new topic.

But you get my point.

Edited by cp101

becoz the bb is higher of the ground, when ur on the bac wheel its more vertical with the back wheel therfor macking the front end seem lighter.

also the shorter the chainstays are or the longet the length from the bb to the headset is the easier it is to keep on the bac wheel.

AND YES they are super and easyer 2 do pretty much anything on (N)

Maybe if you f**kers posted an answer to the blokes' question, rather than your assholish remarks and moronic opinions, perhaps we could get something done without wasting time. But, f**k all, you just gotta say "Ride stock, or you're a fag"

this was supposed to go into a new topic,but clicked reply rather than new topic.

But you get my point.

Cheers mate, you have gray matter between your ears unlike some on here, nice to see. There are a lot of people just on here to talk shit and try and have a go at people. I just joined up to find out about the new bike designs out and if anyone rid them so I could gain some feedback and learn a bit so I can decide if I should get one......

But you get my point.

Cheers mate, you have gray matter between your ears unlike some on here, nice to see. There are a lot of people just on here to talk shit and try and have a go at people. I just joined up to find out about the new bike designs out and if anyone rid them so I could gain some feedback and learn a bit so I can decide if I should get one......

Actually, those posts together are quite hilarious. Thank you for making me laugh oh so much. Thank you.