Ebay Is A Joke

Michael Hardman

It's their choice of what they put as delivery, if you think it's unfair don't buy it. It may be a complete rip off, but sometimes you pay say £10 postage and get something for £1 worth like £40. So it sometimes saves you money as some people are put off by huge postage costs.

Yeh i'm annoyed with Ebay at the moment. Apparently the money i paid through Paypal to some guy for a phone takes 10 to 12 days to clear. I thoght paypal was immediate....yet still a week and a bit on, it hasnt :bunny:

Edited by -RoBBo-

Beware! Some products shipped from overseas also have compulsory shipping insurance, which also whacks the price up.
Doesn't matter if it's from overseas or not, it just depends on whether the seller specifies postal insurance is required. I got stung on that, had to pay an extra £5 on top of the £10 for posting a mobile phone. Grrr. eBay really needs to make itself more transparent about postage costs. People are taking advantage of customers and eBay (you don't pay fees on postage costs). It's really annoying.

lol i proberly sound like someone from the god squad or sommit but ebay ain't the scam, It's the people in it!
Yeah, true, but I don't see why they don't do anything about it. They are losing out both in terms of the fees and the fact that it's not simple at all. When I was looking at cheap MP3 players, I had a quick look on eBay but it was a total waste of time, couldn't see any bargains because of all the spam (£0.01 Buy it now!) things.

Yeah, true, but I don't see why they don't do anything about it. They are losing out both in terms of the fees and the fact that it's not simple at all. When I was looking at cheap MP3 players, I had a quick look on eBay but it was a total waste of time, couldn't see any bargains because of all the spam (£0.01 Buy it now!) things.

Yea thats true. They basicly need some moderaters or something that clear up unnessersary adds etc.

Its a service not a buisness,

Although we pay eBay we aren't their customers as such, we are the sellers customers. People run buisnesses through the eBay service.

I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to pay silly postage amounts. I know that even if theres something i've wanted for ages, if the postage is over the top, i don't bother, or i give the seller a shout to let him/her know they are overcharging.

Sometimes you're lucky and they drop the postage, or more often than not they make up some bullshit excuse.

At the end of the day, its YOUR choice wether or not you buy and pay for the stuff on there, it's not upto eBay to sort it out for you.

These are real people we are dealing with like you and me, just tell em you think their postage sucks, or live with it.

eBay is great whatever happens on it, i've bought and sold on there for nearly 5 years, in the 'real world' no-one would buy or sell some of the stuff i've bought and sold to a 14 year old kid, but on there they didn't even know, or care.