Where Can I Buy Spray On Tar For My Rims?

gasgasrob125

I dont recomend the spray glue. The way it works is you spray 2 surfaces wait till it drys and then put them together forming a instant lock, Say you get a little on your pads it will instantly stick to your rim!

Id go for the monty bike spray cleanbikes.co.uk sell it,

Or just use real tar, or you could grind. <_<

I dont recomend the spray glue. The way it works is you spray 2 surfaces wait till it drys and then put them together forming a instant lock, Say you get a little on your pads it will instantly stick to your rim!
I'd like to see you find a glue that holds that strong. 3M glue is for making displays and sticking paper to cardboard and stuff like that. It's really not that strong. If you've never used spray glue on your rims (and you obviously haven't), shut up.

I'd like to see you find a glue that holds that strong. 3M glue is for making displays and sticking paper to cardboard and stuff like that. It's really not that strong. If you've never used spray glue on your rims (and you obviously haven't), shut up.

Yeah its called EvoStick it comes in a large canister(sp?) with a spray gun at the other end you spray both surfaces and leave it for a few hours then stick them together. I know how strong it is becuase i use it at work all the time we stick 2 50mm sheets of mdf together, Lift it up with a air lifter(like a giant suction cup) and it doesnt budge. Infact 2 weeks ago we stuck 3 sheets of mdf(50mm) together and used the air lifter to move it and it didnt come unstuck or anything.

So whatever pal!

Chisel and hammer. ;) Best not getting from the road it has all stones and crap init.

Tar is crap anyway lol

It sticks your pads and rim together and locks more than wanted, it also turns your side walls black :sick:

Edited by mattyboy_69_

Yeah its called EvoStick it comes in a large canister(sp?) with a spray gun at the other end you spray both surfaces and leave it for a few hours then stick them together. I know how strong it is becuase i use it at work all the time we stick 2 50mm sheets of mdf together, Lift it up with a air lifter(like a giant suction cup) and it doesnt budge. Infact 2 weeks ago we stuck 3 sheets of mdf(50mm) together and used the air lifter to move it and it didnt come unstuck or anything.

So whatever pal!

Dude, he's not talking about that. Tomm is talking about 3M spray mount. You spray a small amount onto, say, a piece of card, tehn spray another small amount onto say a piece of paper you want to mount to the card. It holds it in place, but it's still able to be pulled apart, hence it's used a lot for arts and craft. He isn't talking about industrial adhesives or anything, and you certainly don't have to "leave it for a few hours".

Dude, he's not talking about that. Tomm is talking about 3M spray mount. You spray a small amount onto, say, a piece of card, tehn spray another small amount onto say a piece of paper you want to mount to the card. It holds it in place, but it's still able to be pulled apart, hence it's used a lot for arts and craft. He isn't talking about industrial adhesives or anything, and you certainly don't have to "leave it for a few hours".

Alright granted but i didnt know there were weaker versions of the stuff when i saw the can of spray glue i instantly thought of the evo stick we use at work just in a can, Yes you do have to leave it for a few hours i work with the stuff and have done for 3 years you do have to leave it for at least a hour for it to work to its maximum. If we use it on veeneers or laminating a few boards of mdf together we spray the glue on at 8am clover it over to stop it getting dusty and dirty then we join the peices together at 10:15(after first tea break) some times we leave it till after lunch. Yes you can leave it a few seconds untill its touch dry but it wont hold as much and will come off in a short period of time after being exposed to different heats. And as for pulling it off no chance unless you soak it in solvent.

Alright granted but i didnt know there were weaker versions of the stuff when i saw the can of spray glue i instantly thought of the evo stick we use at work just in a can, Yes you do have to leave it for a few hours i work with the stuff and have done for 3 years you do have to leave it for at least a hour for it to work to its maximum. If we use it on veeneers or laminating a few boards of mdf together we spray the glue on at 8am clover it over to stop it getting dusty and dirty then we join the peices together at 10:15(after first tea break) some times we leave it till after lunch. Yes you can leave it a few seconds untill its touch dry but it wont hold as much and will come off in a short period of time after being exposed to different heats. And as for pulling it off no chance unless you soak it in solvent.

Seriously - read what I said: I'm not doubting your the grand master when it comes to the glue you use in work, but I'll say it again:

We are not talking about your super burly glue.

We are talking about the 3M spray mount adhesive which is typically used for craft type items, which is basically the Monty rim glue spray shit. NOT YOUR TYPE OF GLUE THAT YOU WORK WITH.

You don't need to reel off another list of facts and figures as we aren't talking about that glue, neither was Tomm, and therefore it doesn't matter in this thread.

Glad you liked the T-F Warranty too ;) Don't know why Pete took it out of his sig :sick:

Monty brake spray is crap.

Hairspray is crap.

Tried both.

As for spray on tar, i have no idea, get some and see what happens.

I only use a slight bit of real tar now, you can bearly see it on the rim. Too much tar acts a layer between the pads and the rim, and it sort of rolls ontop of it which isn't good.