Paid - Not Posted

steve bain

hey all, quite a quick one, basically i bought a bracket bit for hope brakes off a guy on another forum. i posted a cheque two weeks a go, it cleared a week ago. he promised blind that he posted it on monday. it has not turned up yet and its friday(surely it would be here by now?). i have his address and home phone number. what should i do. its only a tenner, but if he is messing me about its just rude. i've emailed him and he either ignores them, or gives a response like ' i f ing told you i f ing posted it on monday, i'm not f ing you abot...blah balh blah' he seems very unhelpful. i've tried to ring him too, but no answer. any ideas? he is a very active member of the other forum. could that be used to my advantage anyhow. i will also take him to the small claims court if need be, as it makes me angr that people think they can mess people about, i've done it before. i have no brakes till this bracket turns up, in hine sight i should hav just paid the £17 for a ew one!! help me.

steve

left him an answer phone message today. hopefully his mum will get it and give him a kick up yhe backside. i'm gonna leave it till tommorrow to see if it turns up. if it doesn't, then i'll make his life hell!! he's on southerndownhill.com (great place for cheap parts!), i won't give up his name yet as it may just make things more difficult. but he seems to trade alot and noone seems to complain. i'll get back to you all tommorow. steve

Steve, have you contacted the mods on SDH? they are very helpfull.

I've also had problems like this before but managed to sort them out in the end. In MY PERSONAL experience.. things get "lost" in the post very easily... due to people not actually sending them. However, dont go making flying accusations.. His attitude doesnt seem very good.

If he posted it by having it weighed.. they give you a recipt.. this isnt actually a proof of postage.. but pretty much shows that he did it.....

PM me if you like with his SDH name.. i have dealt with and know quite a few of the guys there.

Josh

PS - best o luck.

i have never heard of anyone sending something, and getting it lost in the post.... not from anyone that isn't later on discovered as being a scammer.

If Royal Mail lost, say 1/10 000 of all items sent, that would be a fair few thousand letters/postcards in a year...

i sent a cheque to a guy, a week later i had to cancel it and send another. it has never turned up!! so i am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. but having said that, alot of stuff does go 'missing'. but its a risk you run sending it to someone you don't know. however i did finally get through to him over the phone. he said to give it till monday, if it hasn't turned up by then he'll give me my money back or send me another bracket as he says he has loads kicking about. he 'seemed' nice and friendly so i'll leave it for the moment and see what happens. i just hope its not all empty promises. steve

The moral of this stroy, send recorded delivery. £30 if it get's lost. ;)

Or Special Delivery and you'll actually be covered for cash, and the amount you send.

I sent James Lim a cheque for an Eno ages ago, and it didn't turn up for ages, so I ended up sending another one. Because I'd put a "sender" address on it, it got back to me in the end. Always worth doing - no matter what I'm sending now, the "Sender" address always goes on it. Peace of mind, plus it means the person you're sending whatever to has another copy of your address, so there are no "I lost it" excuses.

Anyway, I ordered a lockring for said Eno from Sideways Cycles on Tuesday. Still not here today. Royal Mail being slow apparently :- Had the same thing happen with some orders from other companeis recently, so I guess the shit's hitting the collective fan at the moment.

Give it a few more days next week, then start properly going to town on him :sick:

I have sent some fatty r forks off to a member on the forum a bout a week back now 1st class and he tells me he hasnt recieved them! So now me and him are starting to worry!! I have the reciept to prove i posted them but if they are lost in the post i really dont want to have to give the guy this 55 pounds back! Ino it sounds tight but i have just cashed the cheque and sent the forks off like requested....then royal mail go and loose them! I have also put on them my address (sender) So hopefully royal mail are being slow like onzaboymark says!! ;)

This is what i hate about posting stuff!! Its just not on!

Ps: Sorry for stealing the thread just wanted to let you know your not the only person who is waiting for something! :sick:

All you lot bitching about royal mail eh ? bastards ! we work damn hard (and offer a pretty special service - when summut goes wrong its usually the senders fault) ;)

Nought gets lost.... ever. :sick:

I agree with putting a senders addy on though - otherwise If it cant be delivered and it gets returned to sender and it doesnt have one, it gets sent to like scotland or summut to be opened and checked for an adress inside then sent there, otherwise - to the dump or auction i guess.

either send recorded for small value stuff - or special for high value ..... next day, insured for a few grand and pretty much will not get lost - we basically get the sack if we lose one of those babies and at every stage of its journey its signed for and kept on person or securely locked away by said person.... I hate them.

still not turned up, i'm hoping for monday! if not, tuesday...

wednesday??...

if everyone is finding it a bit slow maybe they just got alot on. but it will be a week for something to have arrived recorded post. thats just shite!

i used to work for the royal mail, and to be honest i'm suprised any mail makes it anywhere in one piece!!

there was that woman i read about in the news, who rather than going to the trouble of posting the mail through peoples mail boxs, she stuck it all in her house for 7 years!!! she got the sack.

heres hoping!

steve