Pad & Rim Combos

random

Okay got me new frame, had it all sprayed up and lovely. So need a wide rim but no cheese.

Also need pads so i though about...

Onza Ronnie with Red Koxx

A mate run Red koxx on his soft koxx rim and there loud as hell. So beings it's soft they'd work 100 times better on a proper rim right??

Also i got a very powerfull leaver and want a soild feel so even with my XTR booster i need pads that aint gonna be sqaushed under braking as my CRM where and Koxx have always been hard..mind there french.

I don't go off road so 38mm will be enough or should i get a hog but i head there soft as...koxx

Help?

What!!!!!!!!!!! man you duno (Y)

Halo's are chesse, like worse than the chesse thats at the back of a students fridge man. They won't hold a grind and the rubber of a koxx block is harder than the rim. Sorry

Never seen a Halo rim live for a long time to be fair there crap, ugly n oh didn't i say WEAK!!!!!

Also i got a very powerfull leaver and want a soild feel so even with my XTR booster i need pads that aint gonna be sqaushed under braking as my CRM where and Koxx have always been hard..mind there french.

I don't go off road so 38mm will be enough or should i get a hog but i head there soft as...koxx

Help?

My CRMs don't "squash" at all? My front brake's totally solid (Y) Are you sure it wasn't just a shit bleed, or needed to be bled again?

Koxx Greens worked well with a grind for me, and have had similar results for other people too. They're nearer the Browns in terms of 'hardness', apparently, so maybe they'd be worth a look in.

Bleed was perfect Mark. I'm an expert with mag's...f**ked with enough of them now.

It's my leaver dude. 10mm piston, 70mm piston travel and then there is tpa ontop mind.

My Pashley bent cos of it and the XTR booster in V mode flexed!!!

The CRM's are soft and thats why they did it.

Red is what i'm gonna get i think and order a Ronnie in a min i think too

I'm an expert with mag's...f**ked with enough of them now.

Was waiting for that (Y)

My Pashley bent cos of it and the XTR booster in V mode flexed!!!

And call me silly, but if the booster was flexing as was the frame, wouldn't it have been the booster and frame flexing that was causing the "softness" in the lever feel?

hey

im not sure what rim i have (because i have not been riding long)

but on the front i have sone koxx yellows with a light gring and it is rock solid! i love it!

but my koxx reds on the back feel really spongey, well i think it could be the pads but it im not 100% sure!

i still have the first bleed (as they come)

so i could need to re-bleed? im thinking of doin it with water is this a good idea or have you got any other sugestions/methods how to do it with out a bleed kit?

thanks ollie (Y)

No Mark as i have tried it with my Coust pad's and it was soild feeling. All good.

I got some Koxx Red's today and my rim is turning up tommorrow i hope, thats if Mr Tarty is not cut off from the mainland and a post van got to him. My idea of a post boat is gold!!

Cheers for the help.

Topic clossed if you would Mark, mod's, Ad's whoever

Yo, i run brown koxx pads on a ronnie and in my word you cant get any better,it holds like a bi@tch and is extremely loud!

Clarky...

this guy knows the score :), ive got exactly the same setup (i dont know what booster hes running though lol) go browns on ronnie :D

Ben

10mm piston, 70mm piston travel

Correct me if I'm wrong here Pete, but that'd mean that you'd had to have had a lever cylinder that was approx. twice as long as usual? To get 70mm of piston travel, it'd have to be *way* longer, unless you totally moved the 'start' point of the piston further outboard, in which case it wouldn't work as well and it would feel shit? Got any pics Pete, or is this another lovely story we'll never see pics of?

No Mark as i have tried it with my Coust pad's and it was soild feeling. All good.

Correct me if I'm wrong again here Pete, but the Coust pads are a relatively 'new' pad to have come out onto the market, and you were onto Crescents by the point they came out, so comparing a brake on a flexy steel frame to a stiffer alu frame is kinda...well...retarded?

If you get me on msn you can have pics as i have no means of uploading.

I was talking but ridding more than just a Crescent ta. Crescent is flexy and so are a lot of other alloy frames. Steal soemtime can be stuff Curtis and flex with powerfully leavers and brake setups Pash.

The coust pads are hard as like, i used them on 2 differnt rims and 3 differnt bikes and found the coust gave a nice feel to the leaver.

Anyway ronnie and spokes are er, my brew has been made and now i got build my new wheel gridn it build my new bike and get some practies in as i havent rode for a month now

loud as hell

Clarky...

Yeah you can say that again! when i stod next to you i thort my ear drums had burst wen u puled that brake :)

Go for koox on a hog thats a good combo with a good grind anyways :D :S

rickyb

Edited by rickyb

I bet every and any spell checker out there so it's pointless even if i use one.

Also i have Diselxia (sp) so my surgestion is go along little boy and Goggle it and and read right into it as all on here that lsate my self and every other rider and forum user who posts here and what not gets a perfectic grilling off you lot. Might help if some of you really understod what it does and means for us that have it.

better still go see you spechail needs deps @ school, colleg, uni

I bet every and any spell checker out there so it's pointless even if i use one.

Also i have Diselxia (sp) so my surgestion is go along little boy and Goggle it and and read right into it as all on here that lsate my self and every other rider and forum user who posts here and what not gets a perfectic grilling off you lot. Might help if some of you really understod what it does and means for us that have it.

better still go see you spechail needs deps @ school, colleg, uni

Dyslexia is one thing, they don't know why you spell so bad.