Framey Frame Frame

MrMonkey

As some of you may know I be getting this frame.

picsframescompressed.jpg

The BT that is, anyways it's cracked and one of the brake mounts be f**kz0rized, so I need to get it helicoiled and welded.

bt5crack.jpg

That be the crack, do you think it's safe to keep it unwelded or should I get it welded.

Also who do I go to, to get the two things done. As in who do I look for in the yellow pages??

Thanks in advance my lovely lady friends.

Helicoiling is used by engineers because in racing and stuff you dont want to make threads out of aliminum because they'll thread at high speeds? (sorry if im wrong!)

and maybe better to just get it welded not for saftey reasons but just so it doesn't get any worse? (maybe :( ) i dont know bout the saftey aspects

Helicoiling is easy, either go to a engineers shop and get a kit for 20pound. Take the brake bolt with you for the size but im pretty sure its M5 X 0.8mm.

Or you can take it to a garage and have it done for you but itll cost more like 12quid each rather than £20 for a kit which can do 10. Your choice.

As for the crack i would definatly get it welded, dont really know where you can get it done though :(