Water When Out

MesaMan

Alright guys,

Just got specific trials bike and obviously not got any water bottle mounts. I used to take 1 litre out with me, but now are relying on going the shop and buying drinks.

Has anyone tried a CamelBak or anything similar?

How do you guys stay hydrated cause I sweat like a bitch and need to drink loads.

-R-

i sweat like a bitch aswell... i have heard some REALLY nasty stories about camelbaks before, and have never had one.

i just dont drink anything when im out riding, i spend about 1-2 hours out riding, then go home. it sucks ass, but meh. i cant be arsed carrying anything around when im out on my own (as i always am).

i sweat like a bitch aswell... i have heard some REALLY nasty stories about camelbaks before, and have never had one.

i just dont drink anything when im out riding, i spend about 1-2 hours out riding, then go home. it sucks ass, but meh. i cant be arsed carrying anything around when im out on my own (as i always am).

Expand?

i think it was fred from salisbury who told me about him or his mate (cannae remember) who had gotten REALLY ill from water from a CB, as apparently as the water temperature rises above a certain level, bacteria and shizzle grows REALLY fast in it, and might make you ill.... i know this happens in any containter exposed to the sun and stuff but anyway....

Cleaning them??? I ride with a hydropacks on big rides, like london tomorrow may clean it out 1st now lol (in fact naaaa lol) but it can get pretty minging if its hot, but shops are everwhere and so are supermarkets and all your ride friends need to drink as well!!!

It's the caffeine in coke,

A diuretic is a substance that removes water from the body by promoting urine formation and the loss of salt (sodium).

Caffeine is a common diuretic although a mild one.

I do take money out but costs too bloody much when out all day all week. I drink 1 litre an hour.

-R-

I got a camelback mule (special edition camo 1) ;)

Is a great bag and is piss easy to clean :D

If you don't want the water getting hot then shove some ice cubes in it.

The water in mine has never gone warm and thats after being in there for over 10 hours, since it keeps cold drinks cold an hot stuff hot lol :'(

Hi!

I just take a small bottle of water in my pocket if Im riding locally and put it on a wall when Im doing trials - If I go further afield I will take a bag with a couple of bottles in :'(

I dont see the advantage of a camelbak for trials really, as its so easy to stop and take a bottle out of a bag - its not like a race or anything! (unless your called Martyn or martin of course! lol)

~Gaz

We bought a 1.5 litre bottle of coke for 99p from Waitrose, 3 bottles for ÂŁ1.50, bargain :'(

Or we go scabbing at Sainsbury's and buy their 30p cans of Coke.

Never really a shortage of shops in London...

Kwik Save, 12p for a 2l bottle of some f**king nasty Coke. But it's a f**king bum load for what you pay :D

Hi!

I just take a small bottle of water in my pocket if Im riding locally and put it on a wall when Im doing trials - If I go further afield I will take a bag with a couple of bottles in :'(

I dont see the advantage of a camelbak for trials really, as its so easy to stop and take a bottle out of a bag - its not like a race or anything! (unless your called Martyn or martin of course! lol)

~Gaz

Yes, but you can ride with it on because they are so light/comfy, and drink at the same time :D

Plus, saves you money in the long run on drinks

Sainsburys - 18p 2 litres of water :D

i usually take a 2 litre bottle in a bag with me, along with helmet gloves etc.

You can buy 2 litre bottles of water in Sainsbury's for 18p?!?

I normally just take a big 1.5 or 2 litre bottle with me and that runs out so I buy a new one. :'(