Done Press Ups, What About Running?

DrEvil270183

Stitch = Build up of lactic acid in the muscles (glucose and energy or something) which in theory can make them more powerful but there is obviosuly the burn which isnt to good. To break down lactic acid you just need to get more oxygen in you and concentrate on your breathing as oxygen is was dissipates the acids and clears the pain.

In shory concentrate on breathing and make a pattern of deep controlled breaths during exercise to avoid getting a stitch.

Nope that's cramp. Cramp is where your body works anaerobicly (i.e. without oxygen) to provide bursts of power, which builds up an oxygen dept, this is when too much lactic acid builds up and you get cramp, then your body provides oxygen to the debtted area and relives cramp.

Most scientists will argue the cause of stich, but it's to do with where the blood is delivered to your digestive system and stuff. (Y)

Nope that's cramp. Cramp is where your body works anaerobicly (i.e. without oxygen) to provide bursts of power, which builds up an oxygen dept, this is when too much lactic acid builds up and you get cramp, then your body provides oxygen to the debtted area and relives cramp.

Most scientists will argue the cause of stich, but it's to do with where the blood is delivered to your digestive system and stuff. (Y)

I thought stitch was when your diaphragm banged about inside you - you gotta breathe better....

running just doesnt have the addrenaline burst that you get from jumping off a building on a bike .....

which is why it took 1:39 to do the bristol half marathon last year - I didnt do any training at all - i just turned up - fool... walking becomes difficult for days after that sort of abuse.....

i go to the gym 3 times a week and run 5 miles by walking for 2mins running for 3 mins also wieghts stuff. My advice would be to buy some good trainers with with surpport for your foot because when your foot comes in contact with the ground it is 3 times your body wieght hit the ground so if you have crap trainers on with no cusion surpport it can cause you problems over time

i run for my county at 1500(a mile) and get time sof about 4:40 on average ,i also do xc running ,but i also do road cycling alot (probabley more than trial) and this is alot better for your fitness,ben slinger ,who can ride non stop for days rides a road bike (damn well) so you can see i think its better to ride road bikes !

joe

i run for my county at 1500(a mile) and get time sof about 4:40 on average ,i also do xc running ,but i also do road cycling alot (probabley more than trial) and this is alot better for your fitness,ben slinger ,who can ride non stop for days rides a road bike (damn well) so you can see i think its better to ride road bikes !

joe

i agree with you there mate. i ride my road bike a hell of alot and especially going into winter the guys i ride with and for we will be doing 100 mile rides on sundays. gonna be sweet. i can do 7 miles in 20 minutes but i need to re-time myslef sometime cause that was when i started out and it was up hill and down hill on the road