Done Press Ups, What About Running?

DrEvil270183

mmmm, reading post earlier about press-ups and wondered what people are like with running.

i hated running and still dont like it unless im at gym on a treadmill so i can keep a constant speed.

i havent tried flat out or anything but run a mile on average around 7.5/8 mins and feel fine.

just wondered what an average was, stamina etc compared to strength in the press ups post.

Tim

mmmm, reading post earlier about press-ups and wondered what people are like with running.

i hated running and still dont like it unless im at gym on a treadmill so i can keep a constant speed.

i havent tried flat out or anything but run a mile on average around 7.5/8 mins and feel fine.

just wondered what an average was, stamina etc compared to strength in the press ups post.

Tim

you loser tim, you can't run! bet you i can out run you piss :(

At school I can do one mile in 5 min 47 but when we do the longer runs I do 3 miles in about 20mins. which works out longer.

Any of you do the cooper test?

Joe :ermm:

Did it the other day got 29 shuttles up and down the rugby pitch so whats that 2900m :( ?

Its not that amazing but ime only 14 :) .

Sam

Joe :(

Yea i can do about 12-13 km in the 12min time limit

Don't know bout milies but at football we used to (and sometimes still do) a 4 mile run, everyone was dead after that, i like running, but has to have a purpose and competition

I did a mile and a half run in 12mins, yet whilst we were doing it our fitness teacher had a go at me because i was listening to my mp3 player, he called me out and made me do 35 pressups for not doing as he said, so i lost time because of that :'(

Although when i listen to my mp3 player i can run alot easier as i dont have to concentrate on my breathing and can usually run to the beat of the music....so i dont see why i couldnt have used it.

i run a couple of miles everyday, in about 12-13 mins...but have it only been doing it a few week or soooo....im gonna start doing longer lenghs soon.

I walk to college everyday which is exaclty 1 mile and it takes me 15 mins... are you running on your hands? :'(

I can run 2.2 miles in about 16 mins on a good day, and thats with mostly uphill :'(>Is 1500m a mile? if so I can do that in around 5 on a track

1 mile = 1609m

I'm usually okay at running, but not exceptionnaly good or anything, can run a mile in 10mins.

Edited by Impacted.

At school I can do one mile in 5 min 47 but when we do the longer runs I do 3 miles in about 20mins. which works out longer.

Joe :'(

I run 32 on the Cooper test which was 3.2km. :D It is super boring just running up and down the playground at school though. I think I could run further if it was in a more appealing environment. :-p

Edited by Freddie

I get a stich (we call them that does anyone else?) really bad and just causes me to die.

ugh! i used to get stitches all the time! usually have to stop after a bit if i get one...dont get that as often anymore for some reason dont know why (Y)

Stitch = Build up of lactic acid in the muscles (glucose and energy or something) which in theory can make them more powerful but there is obviosuly the burn which isnt to good. To break down lactic acid you just need to get more oxygen in you and concentrate on your breathing as oxygen is was dissipates the acids and clears the pain.

In shory concentrate on breathing and make a pattern of deep controlled breaths during exercise to avoid getting a stitch.