Quiting Through The Winter?

Clarky

will you be having a rest through the winter or just riding!  

82 members have voted

1. 1. will you be having a rest through the winter or just riding!

• yes i wil be riding almost every day.
    • on and off.
    • no it's to cold.

We live in the UK. If you dont ride when its cold and wet, then you may as well take up another sport during the majority of the year. I think like ben said that I do my best riding in the winter. I dont get really sweaty as soon as I start and you have to concentrate alot more. I actually love riding when its raining, it just makes you feel really hardcore :- and really dramatic. Smooth technique is what you learn in winter. :lol:

nope,, dont quit... i love riding winter..either just ride the cold dryish street days,,, or i find that trials can be so hard in winter its fun to go all out.. like riding up rocky,mossy,slippery rivers, whilst its snowing,

now thats fun..

nope,, dont quit... i love riding winter..either just ride the cold dryish street days,,, or i find that trials can be so hard in winter its fun to go all out.. like riding up rocky,mossy,slippery rivers, whilst its snowing,

now thats fun..

yes, thats true, but your a f**king nutter lol. one crazy mofo.

and u will be trying wet rails with your massive wheelswaps.

crazy boy

Yeah i agree, i when out yesterday in the poring down rain and had the best ride i have had for ages, i was doing everything smooth and more controlled.If you can ride good in the winter you could ride allot better in summer.

do u not reply to your pm's?

i asked wether you are riding tonight? :-

Last winter I mainly rode BMX indoors. I'm not going to force myself to ride trials in the cold in some effort to appear 'hardcore' or 'dedicated'. I ride for fun - freezing my tits off isn't fun. I'll probably ride both this winter. Last winter I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about trials full stop, probably thanks to a shit bike, shit job, shit-all money and bollocks all motivation.

the weather will not affect the way i ride, i will literally wrap up like i have done for the last 3 winters and keep myself going, this time of the year can sort the dedicated from the non dedicated, weather it pisses down or hails or snows i will be out as much as possible its the most fun time of the year to be out!!!!

god have you never tried rail gaps that have snow and ice hanging from them???? (Y) (Y)" :lol: as the old saying goes "it is the season to be jolly" it is the season to try loose your nuts too!!!!so the squirrels cant steal.

Waynio..................

EDIT: by dedicated i dont want to sound as if i do it for the shear sake of training to win, like snappel i do it for the shear fun of it, but i find it extremly fun going out getting piss wet through!!!! and ending up either with a broken arse or some form of pain............it is quite amusing and you never know what lies on the road ahead with trials, the weather doesnt really affect me but i love to ride in the worse weather (also my mum loves me more when i turn up at home piss wet through and draping water and wet clothes through the house :P :- :P )

Edited by Waynio

by dedicated i dont want to sound as if i do it for the shear sake of training to win, like snappel i do it for the shear fun of it, but i find it extremly fun going out getting piss wet through!!!!

I see where your coming from, but you're just more motivated than me!! Going out in the wet is fun because there's no pressure to do difficult things, and you can just muck about. Although it hurts twice as much when you fall off...

I see where your coming from, but you're just more motivated than me!! Going out in the wet is fun because there's no pressure to do difficult things, and you can just muck about. Although it hurts twice as much when you fall off...

:- :lol: (Y)

Waynio......................

Sometimes I think winter is the best time to ride on your own. Dress warm, get the bobble hat under you pot, get some tunes on the go and hit some wet rocks.

Last winter I did most riding without a from brake which does feel awsome even though its not practicle, yet again it looks like i'l have no front brake due to my dead leeson forks. Seems a bit of a yearly tradition.