Winter

mad max

As the bad weather is about to arrive can anyone recommend any wet weather pads for my maggies ?

I don't want to grind my rims as i don`t know what i am doing.

Also has anyone had any problems with there 661 shin guards i rinsed mine in the sink in warm water and washing powder and the graphics all started to peel off :D

Well welcome to winter. The only way you are going to have a safe, working descent rear brake is with a grind. Its really easy to do. If you already have an angle grinder then just try it out. There are a lot of topics on how to grind a rim so try the search and look in the FAQ's. Its the only way to still enjoy the winter.

Pads in the wet would have to be Koxx brown bloxx. Plus they dont wear down very quickly at all. Coust are good pads but have rather shit backings so they wear all uneven.

If you dont want to grind your rim then dont, and enjoy a slipping break for the next 6 months.

Everyone does it for a reason. Once people have tried it they very very rarely go back to anything else.

i think tht you go for koxx brown's nice pads work well enough to ride in the rain and for £19 what can go wrong!!!!! hope this helped,,, Ross :)

Is it just me or is £19 a lot of money to spend? how does everyone get so much money? it really bites! just start with the grind its free and is worth a try, so do that if your un satisfied try the pad idea.

Just dont ride into puddles and look for a dry line to ride best idea

Is it just me or is £19 a lot of money to spend? how does everyone get so much money? it really bites! just start with the grind its free and is worth a try, so do that if your un satisfied try the pad idea.

LOL.No me to I can't justify spending nearly £20 on 2 brake pads,It's a lot of money for 2 small items.LOL or maybe i'm just tight ;) Do you people that use these expensive pads rate them highly? are they really as good as they are made out to be? and i'm just curious how long do they last? :)"

Either:

Buy a disk brake

Get someone to grind your rim, observe them

Buy a jumbo sized pack of thuuper absorbant kitchen roll to wipe your rim with every 5 seconds.

In the wet with a smooth rim i woulda thought the compound of the pad would contribute ~ 1/10th of f**k all due to it being water on aluminuim, not pad on aluminium.