Computer Memory

Ingram

Hey, i got a asus a8n sli deluxe mother board (amd 3500) anyway i need some more memory as i only have 512mb pc2100, i want 2 gb (2x 1 gb matched pairs) I have got my eye on the corsair one here http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Cor...ummer_Sale.html (2nd down) Anyway before i buy it i wanted to know if tehre was anything else which is better for that kinda price range, Thanks alot guys (Y)

I would think that spending anywhere near £200 almost garantees that the memory will be good no matter what.

I personally wouldn't spend anymore than £80 on ram though. But if you're wanting a gaming beast of a pc then i guess you're gonna have to.

What are you doing with your pc as for gaming you wont really use more than 1gb efficently... you could spend the money somewhere else like getting a nice big flat panel, wireless keyb and mouse, amp and hifi speakers or something like that. £200 on memory is pretty much pointless unless you are using some kind of heavy design/cad package that is going to cane memory usage...

Battlefield 2 is the only game I know of that too run on all high settings you need 2GB of memory, and I doubt many people run it that high and have a GFx card capable of running it, so I think 1GB, 1.5 at the most is plenty enough. You won't notice a large improvement in performance at the moment.